Paul Gilbert is not only an extraordinary musician, but a creative tinkerer as well. Always looking to build a better mousetrap, or at least a more versatile one, Paul endlessly searches for ways to improve his instrument as a vehicle for his musical ideas. The creatively restless guitarist has re-tooled the Fireman several times through the years, and the FRM200 represents the latest version of his iconic axe.
– Paul Gilbert –
As with previous Fireman models, the FRM200 features a bigger-than-average set-in neck joint that Gilbert maintains is the secret to his endless sustain. Conjoined to a Okoume body, the neck is a Okoume/ Maple 3-piece with a Ebony fingerboard and narrow/ tall frets to facilitate more extreme string bending. The Tight-Tune bridge/ tailpiece is the perfect hard tail combination of adjustability and dependable tuning stability.
The DiMarzio, PG-13, mini-humbuckers are designed to produce more output with increase in harmonics yet still maintaining the dynamics and clarity of a traditional minibucker.
Though Gilbert's fans will be the first to gravitate toward the new version, Paul is quick to point out that this Fireman lends itself to bold exploration in a variety of musical genres.
- Ebony fretboard - Ebony produces tight lows and mid range with a strong attack in the high end and features a quick response and rich sustain.
- DiMarzio® PG-13™ H-S-H pickups - DiMarzio® PG-13™ pickups, specially wound for Paul Gilbert, offer extra clarity without losing the bite. These mini humbuckers have unique characteristics of both normal humbuckers and single coils.
- Gibraltar Performer bridge - The Gibraltar Performer bridge provides rich sustain and tuning stability. The low-positioned saddles promise comfortable playability.
- neck type FRM3pc Okoume/MapleSet-in neck
- top/back/body Okoume body
- fretboard Bound Ebony fretboardWhite dot inlay
- fret Narrow & Tall frets
- number of frets 22
- bridge Gibraltar Performer bridge
- string space 10.5mm
- tailpiece Quik Change III tailpiece
- neck pickup DiMarzio® PG-13™ (H) neck pickupPassive/Ceramic
- middle pickup DiMarzio® PG-13™ (H) middle pickupPassive/Ceramic
- bridge pickup DiMarzio® PG-13™ (H) bridge pickupPassive/Ceramic
- factory tuning 1E,2B,3G,4D,5A,6E
- strings D'Addario® EXL110
- string gauge .010/.013/.017/.026/.036/.046
- nut Graph Tech® nut
- hardware color Chrome
- NECK DIMENSIONS
- Scale : 628mm/24.75"
- a : Width 43mm at NUT
- b : Width 57mm at 22F
- c : Thickness 22mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 24mm at 12F
- Radius : 305mmR