The EHB1500 series features a figured Poplar Burl top on an African Mahogany body. This combination offers warm tones and rich resonance. A 9-piece Pangea Panga/Walnut neck imparts strong attack with tight low-end, while the Panga Panga fretboard delivers ample sustain. Highly durable stainless steel frets accentuate tonal brightness and will not rust. The luminescent side dot inlays are easy to see in dark environments and the truss rod adjustment is located at the end of the neck for easy access.
The EHB’s headless construction and specially designed body enable the player to maintain a similar playing position whether seated or standing. Its contoured, ergonomic design and chambered body make for a lightweight, well-balanced, and comfortable instrument that’s excellent for long sets or practice sessions. There is extra carving on the back of the body behind the lower horn for easier upper fret access. Also, the top half of the back of the body is slanted which allows the bass to rest slightly closer to the player’s body for better control and a more ergonomic feel.
The Nordstrand Big Split linear humbuckers supply a punchy, powerful, and well-balanced tone, with tonal characteristics between a P and J pickup. The Nordstrands are paired with a 3-band active EQ with a variable mid-frequency. There is also an EQ bypass switch for passive operation with the treble control acting as a passive tone control when the EQ is bypassed. The electronics package supplies a variety of different tones suitable for a wide range of styles.
- Ergonomic body design: The EHB’s headless construction and specially designed body enable the player to maintain a similar playing position whether seated or standing.
- Slanted body back: The top half of the back of the body is slanted which allows the bass to rest slightly closer to the player’s body for better control and a more ergonomic feel.
- Comfortably rounded body edge, Chambered body: Its contoured, ergonomic design and chambered body make for a lightweight, well-balanced, and comfortable instrument that’s excellent for long sets or practice session.
- Poplar Burl top and selected light weight African Mahogany body: A stunning Poplar Burl top and a selected light weight African Mahogany body provides a warm tone with rich resonance.
- Scooped cut on the body back: There is extra carving on the back of the body behind the lower horn for easier upper fret access.
- 9pc Panga Panga/Walnut neck w/Graphite reinforcement rods: The 9-piece Panga Panga/Walnut neck provides superior note attack, tight lows and increased sustain with the Panga Panga fretboard.
- Luminescent side dot inlays: Luminescent side dot inlay provides clear visibility in dark environments.
- Nordstrand™ Big Split custom pickups: The single-coil Nordstrand™ Big Split pickups feature split coils with hum cancelling construction for less noise. Its tone character is a hybrid P/J style and provides a rich and strong, yet well-balanced tone, which fits well with various kinds of playing styles.
- Vari-Mid 3-Band EQ w/EQ bypass switch: The Vari-mid 3-band EQ features a variable mid-frequency control which allows you to dial in an incredibly wide range of sounds. There is also an EQ bypass switch for passive operation with the treble control acting as a passive tone control when the EQ is bypassed.
- MR5HS mono rail bridge w/string spacing adjustable saddles: The MR5HS bridge is designed especially for the EHB basses and features wide intonation range. Each bridge piece is independently and securely attached to the body for maximum vibration transfer, and the saddles are adjustable for string spacing +/-1.5mm, answering every bassist’s individual string spacing demands, no matter what playing style. Teflon washers are used on each tuner for a smooth tuning action.
- Schaller S-Locks strap pins and Neutrik locking jack: Schaller S-Lock strap lock pins and a Neutrik locking jack hold the strap and cable securely.
- Detachable Finger ramp: A detachable Finger ramp is included for comfortable finger picking.
- neck type EHB49pc Pangapanga/Walnut neck w/Graphite reinforcement rods
- top/back/body Poplar Burl top Selected light weight African Mahogany body
- fretboard Bound Panga Panga fretboard Abalone off-set dot inlay
- fret Medium Stainless Steel frets
- number of frets 24
- bridge MR5HS bridge
- string space 19mm
- neck pickup Nordstrand™ Custom Big Split neck pickup Passive
- bridge pickup Nordstrand™ Custom Big Split bridge pickup Passive
- equaliser Vari-mid 3-band EQ w/ EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot)
- factory tuning 1G,2D,3A,4E
- strings D'Addario® EXL165
- string gauge .045/.065/.085/.105
- hardware color Black
- Luminescent side dot inlay
- Schaller S-Locks strap lock pins
- Ibanez custom headpieces
- Gig bag included
- Scale : 864mm/34"
- a : Width 41mm at NUT
- b : Width 64mm at 24F
- c : Thickness 19.5mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 21.5mm at 12F
- Radius : 500mmR