For those who like the feel and tone of a hollow body, but need more volume and sustain than a hollow box allows, the AS153 is just your ticket. As part of the Artstar Series, the AS153 is a high quality instrument for the working pro playing jazz, blues, rock, country, or any hybrid genre you can imagine.
The Flamed Maple body is done in a rich Antique Yellow Sunburst finish. The 3-piece set-in neck has a bound Ebony fingerboard with Acrylic/ Abalone block inlay, Medium frets and the Artstar Fret Edge Treatment, for a fast, smooth feel. For extended tone options the AS153 comes with two Super 58 pickups and a Tri-Sound switch for the neck pickup that allows you to select Humbucker in series (traditional), parallel (brighter, single coil type tone w/ lower output and hum cancellation) or coil-tapping for a single coil sound. Sure Grip III knobs provide non-slip functionality and an ART-1 bridge provides improved sustain and tuning stability. Features gold hardware and includes a hardshell case.
- Gibraltar Artist bridge: The Gibraltar Artist bridge, made of a light weight Aluminum bridge frame and Zinc saddles, provides natural tone, rich sustain and tuning stability. The low positioned saddles promise comfortable playability.
- Bone Nut: The Bone nut provides richer tone throughout the entire register.
- Quik Change III Tailpiece: The Quik Change III tailpiece enables faster and easier string changing.
- Sure Grip III Control Knobs: The Sure Grip III knobs are designed for precise control with nonslip functionality, along with smooth and classic looks.
- Ebony Fretboard w/Artstar Fret Edge Treatment: Ebony produces a tight low end and mid-range with a defined high end attack. It also delivers quick response and rich sustain.
- Super 58 Pickups: The Super 58 pickups deliver smooth, nuanced tones along with a crisp, biting growl.
- neck type AS Artstar3pc Nyatoh/Mapleset-in neck
- top/back/side Flamed Maple top Flamed Maple backFlamed Maple sides
- fretboard Bound Ebony fretboardAcrylic & Abalone block inlay
- fret Medium fretsArtstar fret edge treatment
- number of frets 22
- bridge Gibraltar Artist bridge
- string space 10.5mm
- tailpiece Quik Change III tailpiece
- neck pickup Super 58 (H) neck pickupPassive/Alnico
- bridge pickup Super 58 (H) bridge pickupPassive/Alnico
- Tri-sound switch (for neck pickup)
- factory tuning 1E,2B,3G,4D,5A,6E
- string gauge .010/.013/.017/.030/.042/.052
- nut Bone nut
- hardware color Gold
- Scale : 628mm/24.7"
- a : Width 43mm at NUT
- b : Width 57mm at 22F
- c : Thickness 21mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 24mm at 9F
- Radius : 305mmR
- Hardshell case included
- a : Length 19 1/4"
- b : Width 15 3/4"
- c : Max Depth 2 5/8"