- WHAT SIZE STRINGS DOES MY VIOLA NEED?
Helicore viola strings are crafted with a multi-stranded steel core, resulting in optimal playability while producing a clear, warm tone. These strings are known for their quick bow response and excellent pitch stability, making them a go-to choice for players of all musical styles.
Helicore strings are crafted with a multi-stranded steel core, resulting in optimal playability while producing a clear, warm tone. The smaller string diameter provides quick bow response. Premium quality materials combined with skilled workmanship produce strings known for excellent pitch stability and longevity.
- Construction: Ball-end
- Core Material: Stranded Steel Core
- Groundbreaking core technology engineered by D'Addario
- The most popular viola string for traditional and alternative styles, plus advancing student players
- Fast, flexible, and responsive with a clear and focused articulation
- Pairs exceptionally well with a wide variety of instrument types and musical styles
- All D'Addario strings are designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA
Our viola strings are sized by instrument body length in inches. To measure your viola to determine the size sting your instrument needs:
Turn the instrument over and measure its body length along its longest axis (not including the neck or scroll). Then, select the appropriate size string based on that measurement here:
- 12” = Extra-Extra-Short Scale
- 13”-14” = Extra-Short Scale
- 14”-15” = Short Scale
- 15”-16” = Medium Scale
- 16”-17” = Long Scale
- 17”+ = Extra Long Scale
If you measure 15.5" for instance, you will need a medium scale D'Addario viola string (for instruments 15" to 16" inches in length).
NOTE: The instrument sizes in our catalog are recommendations only.