- Pedal Accessories
The Flatiron Fuzz is a classic op-amp powered fuzz/distortion. With its late ‘70s style circuit and symmetrical hard clipping, it’s EHX’s take on the RAT2™ pedal, only we think it’s better.
The Flatiron Fuzz is extremely versatile. At lower drive settings it remains fairly clean and adds a pleasing mild distortion. As the drive is turned up it transports you to a world of arena rock and produces spectacular, thick, meaty tones.
The stellar sound of the Flatiron Fuzz is a result of its classic, late ‘70s style circuitry and the fact that it delivers symmetrical hard clipping. As a point of reference, you might refer to the old Rat pedal, but we think you’ll prefer the Flatiron.
The Flatiron Fuzz features three controls: Volume, Drive and Filter. Volume sets the output level while Drive adjusts the amount of sustain and distortion. The unique Filter control is actually a low pass filter with a movable cut-off frequency. This is especially cool because it lets you dial in just the right amount of high-end... from dark to raunchy.
Electro-Harmonix trivia: The Flatiron Fuzz is named after the historic Flatiron Building in New York City. It’s an iconic landmark located just down the block from EHX headquarters in the 1970s and it’s the building pictured on the pedal.
- Classic op-amp powered fuzz/distortion
- Delivers symmetrical hard clipping
- As you turn down your guitar volume, it cleans up, but not all the way
- Unique Filter control
- Compact, pedalboard friendly design
- Features True Bypass for maximum signal path integrity in bypass mode
- 9-Volt battery included, also accepts optional EHX 9.6VDC-200mA power supply The Flatiron Fuzz can run off of a 9V battery or you can use an optional 9VDC AC Adapter capable of delivering at least 25mA to the 9V power jack, such as the EHX9.6DC-200. The AC Adapter must have a center negative plug. The battery may be left in or taken out when using an AC Adapter. The Flatiron Fuzz has a current draw of 5mA at 9VDC.
- Current Draw: 5mA @ 9VDC
- Dimensions in inches: 2.75(w) x 4.5(l) x 2(h)
- Dimensions in mm: 70(w) x 115(l) x 51(h)
- DRIVE Knob — Controls the amount of input gain that goes into the fuzz circuit. Turn the DRIVE clockwise to go from clean to high gain.
- FILTER Knob — Sets a low pass filter that tames the natural highs that are accentuated by the fuzz circuit. As the FILTER knob is turned clockwise, the filter’s frequency increases allowing more high-end to pass through the pedal.
- VOL Knob — Adjusts the output volume of the Flatiron Fuzz.
- FOOTSWITCH and LED — The footswitch toggles the Flatiron Fuzz between effect and true bypass mode. The LED lights when the effect is engaged.
- INPUT Jack — This 1/4” jack is the input to the Flatiron Fuzz. Plug your guitar into here. The input impedance is 1MOhm.
- AMP Jack — This 1/4” jack is the Flatiron Fuzz’s output. Connect this to the input of your next effect or amplifier. Output impedance varies from 500 Ohms to 25KOhms depending on the VOL Knob setting.