- Pedal Accessories
Own your acoustic tone with the AFX Pro EQ Mini. Based on Platinum preamps, AFX Pro EQ Mini offers a quality preamp and EQ for acoustic guitars.
- 5-Band EQ Specially Voiced for Acoustic Instruments
- True Bypass with Options for Buffered Bypass or Mute
- Feedback-Fighting Phase Control
- Innovative Dual Path Routing
- Super Compact Design Fits Almost Anywhere
- 9V External Power Required (sold separately)
PERFECT ACOUSTIC EQ CONTROL IN ONE COMPACT PEDAL
Based on the highly-regarded Fishman Platinum series of instrument preamps, AFX Pro EQ Mini offers quality preamplification and critical equalization voiced specifically for acoustic instruments.
This is no off-the-shelf graphic EQ – plug in and your signal begins with a high-impedance instrument preamp to condition nearly any passive or active pickup.
Then, use the four bands of acoustic tone control
to sculpt your bass, mids, treble, and brilliance. A sweepable Low Cut fine-tunes the very low frequencies to reduce or enhance thumps and subs.
Finally, hold the footswitch to toggle your output polarity. Also known as “phase,” this simple circuit can tame low-frequency howl very effectively.
AUDIO PATH SWITCH
AFX Minis allow you to choose the audio path on which a particular effect will be processed. You do this by flipping the Audio Path switch on the front of the pedal.
With true bypass, the pedal’s electronics are literally removed from the signal chain. For those who prefer a buffered bypass, AFX Mini effect pedals are switchable.
In order to pack a lot of functionality into the smallest stompbox size we could find, AFX Minis require external power. Be sure to use a Fishman 910-R(120VAC) or 910-U(230VAC) power adapter to ensure the above specs.
Like other AFX Minis, press the footswitch to bypass the effect. AFX Pro EQ Mini also lets you choose to mute your audio instead of bypass. Hold the footswitch while applying power and the LED will flash to indicate the mode has changed.
Unlike conventional guitar stompboxes, AFX Pro EQ Mini features an analog preamp that provides up to 20dB of quality gain and impedance matching for most passive, active, and magnetic acoustic instrument pickups.
TONE CONTROLS & EXAMPLES
Here are some great settings to help you get started with the Pro EQ Mini. These recommendations make dialing in amazing acoustic tone quick, easy and fun!
Signal polarity – often referred to as Phase – changes the pickups relationship to the sound coming from the amplifier. Inverting Phase can reduce feedback. With low volume playing, it can improve the intensity of low frequencies you hear.
- MODEL NUMBER PRO-AFX-EQ2
- AUDIO I/O 1/4" TRS input and output (TRS enables Dual Path Functionality)
- DSP 32-bit processing
- DIMENSIONS 1.9" W x 3.8" D x 1.92" H (49mm W x 97mm D x 49mm H)
- MATERIAL Durable aluminum enclosure
- CURRENT DRAW 53mA, typical
- POWER 910-R AC Adapter (sold separately) or suitable filtered and regulated 5.5mm OD, 2.1mm ID Barrel Connector, Center = negative
- ANALOG SIGNAL PATH Input impedance: 10M Ohm | Output impedance: 1k Ohm | Signal-to-noise: -100dB | Dynamic range: 100dB
- DIGITAL SIGNAL PATH A/D, D/A conversion: 24-bit | Signal processing: 32-bit