For players who want the style and sound of Fender’s golden era, we created the Vintera ‘50s Precision Bass. Equipped with the coveted features that defined the decade—including period-accurate neck profile and playing feel, along with a re-voiced pickup—this bass has all of the punchy tone that made the P Bass® famous.
For authentic, original-era tone we re-voiced the single split-coil P Bass pickup to sound more like the original. Seismic and punchy, it has the tone that made the P Bass one of the most popular electric basses. The “Vintage C”-shaped neck has a 7.25”-radius fingerboard with 20 vintage-style frets for classic playing feel. A vintage-style, 4-saddle bridge with threaded saddles and vintage-style tuning machines provide original-era aesthetics, rock-solid performance and tuning stability. Other features include an anodized aluminum pickguard, chrome hardware and 4-bolt neck plate. Includes a deluxe gig bag.
- Model Name Vintera® '50s Precision Bass®, Maple Fingerboard, Seafoam Green
- Model #0149612373
- Series Vintera®
- Country Of Origin MX
- Color Seafoam Green
- Body Alder
- Body Finish Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape Precision Bass®
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape Vintage "C"
- Scale Length 34" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard Maple
- Fingerboard Radius 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets 20
- Frets Size Vintage
- String Nut Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Position Inlays Black Dot
- Truss Rods Vintage-Style
- Middle Pickup Vintage-Style '50s Split Single-Coil Precision Bass®
- Controls Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching None
- Pickup Configuration Split Single Coil
- Bridge 4-Saddle American Vintage Bass
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines American Vintage Reverse Open-Gear Bass
- Pickguard 1-Ply Gold Anodized Aluminum
- Control Knobs Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings Fender® 7250M Nickel Plated Steel Roundwound, Long Scale, (.045-.105 Gauges), PN 0737250406
- Dimensions 4.70x15.10x49.50 IN
- Weight 15.15 LB
Here at Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12 point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.