Since the late 1990s, Ben Gibbard has been a prominent voice in indie rock as singer-songwriter for the platinum-selling band Death Cab for Cutie. His melodic, personal songwriting style and the band’s powerful sound helped pave the way for generations of musicians to follow.
Ben’s modified ‘70s Fender Mustangs have been his preferred touring choice for years. The Ben Gibbard Mustang recreates his modified touring workhorses and adds some bold new enhancements.
Featuring a chambered ash body design for increased resonance and reduced weight and a one-piece 22-fret modern “C”-shaped maple neck with 9.5" radius fingerboard and medium jumbo frets, this guitar is a comfortable and versatile stage performer. Electronics include a set of custom, vintage-inspired Ben Gibbard Mustang pickups and a stage-ready 3-way rotary pickup selector switch. What appears to be a vintage-style Mustang bridge is actually an innovative modified hardtail setup, providing rock-solid stability, intonation and sustain.
- Model Name Ben Gibbard Mustang®
- Model #0141332321
- Series Artist
- Country Of Origin MX
- Color Natural
- Body Chambered Ash
- Body Finish Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape Mustang®
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape Modern "C"
- Scale Length 24" (610 mm)
- Fingerboard Maple
- Fingerboard Radius 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets 22
- Frets Size Medium Jumbo
- String Nut Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup Vintage-Style Single-Coil Mustang®
- Neck Pickup Vintage-Style Single-Coil Mustang®
- Controls Master Volume
- Pickup Switching 3-Position Rotary: Position 1. Neck Pickup (Full Clockwise), Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups (Middle), Position 3. Bridge Pickup (Full Counterclockwise)
- Pickup Configuration SS
- Bridge 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Mustang Tremolo
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Pickguard 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Control Knobs Black Plastic
- Strings Fender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403
- Dimensions 4.80x15.30x42.30 IN
- Weight 8.75 LB
Here at Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12 point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.