- Electric Guitar Accessories
- Inspection and Set-up
*These areÂ stock photos. For actual photos of the instrument, please contact us.
Few artists in music history can be credited with changing the industry nearly overnight and continuing to influence music culture three decades after the height of their popularity. Kurt Cobain and his bandmates in Nirvana appeared on the scene in the early â€˜90s as generational talents who combined raucous, heavy tones, punk-infused energy and melodic hooks to create a sound that quickly attracted millions of fans and established grunge and alternative rock as a genre with legitimate mainstream appeal.
Although Kurt was seen playing a variety of Fender guitars over the years, his Fender JaguarÂ® and MustangÂ® remain the most iconic due to their use on the â€œNevermindâ€ tour and â€œSmells Like Teen Spiritâ€ music video. Kurt designed the Jag-StangÂ® to combine his favorite elements of both instruments and brought it to life with help from the Fender Custom Shop in 1993.
Commemorating the 30th anniversary of Nirvanaâ€™s seminal record â€œNevermind,â€ this Jag-Stang comes equipped with the same features that made it Kurtâ€™s ideal instrument. The alder body delivers a punchy tone perfect for big power chords, the 24â€ short-scale reduces string tension for easier playing, and the 7.25â€ radius rosewood fingerboard with maple neck has a comfortable feel that wonâ€™t fatigue your hands when chording. The vintage-style single-coil and custom humbucking pickups are perfect for recreating Kurtâ€™s classic tones, while the Mustang slider switches provide the flexibility to dial in four distinct settings for a variety of in or out-of-phase tones.
- Color Fiesta Red
- Country Of Origin MX
- Orientation Right-Hand
- Series Artist
- Fingerboard Material Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Neck Construction 4-Bolt Standard
- Neck Finish Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Shape Slim "C"
- Number of Frets 22
- Nut Material Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width 1.575" (40mm)
- Position Inlays White Pearloid Dot
- Side Dots White
- String Nut Synthetic Bone
- Body Alder
- Body Finish Gloss Polyester
- Body Material Alder
- Body Shape Jag-Stang
- Bridge 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Mustang Tremolo
- Control Knobs Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz BassÂ®
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Neck Plate 4-Bolt
- Pickguard 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
- Pickup Covers White
- Strap Buttons Vintage-Style
- Strings FenderÂ® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Tuning Machines Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup Jag-Stang Humbucking
- Controls Master Volume, Master Tone
- Neck Pickup Jag-Stang Single-Coil
- Pickup Configuration HS
- Switching 2 3-Position Pickup On/Off-In/Out Phase Slide Switches
- Dimensions 4.50x15.70x41.90 IN
- Fret Size Vintage
- Scale Length 24" (610 mm)
- Shipping Height 4.50 IN
- Shipping Length 41.90 IN
- Shipping Weight 13.30 LB
- Shipping Width 15.70 IN
- Electric Guitar Bags and Cases*
- Electric Guitar Strings
- Electric Guitar Cleaning and Maintenance
- Guitar Tuners
- Electric Guitar Stands and Wall Hangars
*Not all bags and cases fit all guitars. If you aren't sure, please check with us at the store. Admin@easymusiccenter.com or call 808-591-0999.
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets to manufacturer factory specifications. Any request made outside of manufacturer factory specifications can incur additional charges for parts and labor. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.