Telecaster in hand, Chrissie Hynde formed The Pretenders in 1979 and quickly established the band as a rock and roll powerhouse. Chrissie’s churning Tele rhythms have been the heartbeat of the band’s rugged sound from the very beginning.
The Chrissie Hynde Telecaster features an alder body finished in Faded Ice Blue Metallic Road Worn® lacquer, a custom mid-‘60s “C”-shaped maple neck with a 7.25” radius fingerboard - exactly matching Chrissie’s original, vintage-output Chrissie Hynde Tele pickups and a chrome mirror pickguard—all matching the unmistakable look and feel of Hynde’s treasured ’65 model.
- CASE/GIG BAG: Deluxe Hardshell
- Model Name Chrissie Hynde Telecaster®, Rosewood Fingerboard, Ice Blue Metallic
- Model #0140310783
- Series Artist
- Country Of Origin MX
- Color Ice Blue Metallic
- Body Alder
- Body Finish Road Worn® Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape Telecaster®
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Road Worn® Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape Mid '60s "C"
- Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets 21
- Frets Size Vintage Tall
- String Nut Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays White Pearloid Dot
- Bridge Pickup Vintage-Style '50s Single-Coil Tele®
- Neck Pickup Vintage-Style '50s Single-Coil Tele®
- Controls Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge, Position 2. Bridge and Neck, Position 3. Neck
- Pickup Configuration SS
- Bridge 6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Tele® with Stainless Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines Deluxe Cast/Sealed Locking with Vintage Style Button
- Pickguard 1-Ply Chrome
- Control Knobs Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings Fender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403
- Dimensions 5.90x17.40x52.00 IN
- Weight 23.75 LB
Here at Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12 point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.