*Gold plating pitting on the control plate near the switch. See photo for details.
With recording credits stretching across five decades, Brent Mason is one of the most prolific session guitarists of all time, featured on well over 1,000 albums, including hits by Alan Jackson, Brooks & Dunn, George Jones, Dolly Parton, Blake Shelton, Shania Twain and many more. He’s also been inducted into the Musicians Hall of Fame, won a Grammy, earned twelve Guitarist of the Year awards from the Academy of Country Music, is a two-time winner of the CMA® Award Musician of the Year Award and was named one of the top ten session guitarists of all time by Guitar World magazine.
The Stories Collection Brent Mason Telecaster recreates the prized Tele he discovered in a Nashville guitar shop in the early eighties: a ‘67 model that had been stripped of its original finish and re-sprayed in gray auto primer. Brent outfitted it with new pickups and controls, as well as a bender system – transforming it into a versatile all-in-one session guitar.
Boasting a Glaser Bender system, Seymour Duncan mini-hum in the neck position, Hot Stack in the middle and Vintage Stack in the bridge, locking Sperzel tuners and Dunlop locking strap buttons – the Brent Mason Telecaster provides the special features, smooth playability and diverse range of tones to nail Brent’s platinum Nashville session sound.
- Model Name Brent Mason Telecaster®, Maple Fingerboard, Primer Gray
- Model #0115912793
- Series Artist
- Country Of Origin US
- Color Primer Gray
- Body Ash
- Body Finish Satin Urethane
- Body Shape Telecaster®
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Satin Urethane
- Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Maple
- Fingerboard Radius 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets 21
- Frets Size Vintage Tall
- String Nut Bone
- Nut Width 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays Black Pearloid Dot
- Bridge Pickup Seymour Duncan® Vintage Stack® Tele® STK-T3B
- Middle Pickup Seymour Duncan® Hot Stack® Strat® STK-S2
- Neck Pickup Seymour Duncan® Vintage Mini HB
- Controls Master Volume, Middle Pickup Volume, Master Tone with Push/Pull
- Pickup Switching 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge, Position 2. Bridge and Neck, Position 3. Neck
- Pickup Configuration SSH
- Bridge 6-Saddle Telecaster® Bridge with Glaser™ Bender System
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Gold-Plated
- Tuning Machines Sperzel® Locking
- Pickguard 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Control Knobs Knurled Dome Gold
- Strings Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Dimensions 6.10x18.90x44.50 IN
- Weight 19.25 LB
Here at Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12 point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.