- Electric Guitar Accessories
- Inspection and Set-up
*These are stock photos. Actual color and pattern may vary.
Tony Iommi's iconic riffs, heavy tones, and massively influential albums created the blueprint for heavy metal and many other genres to follow. His career, like the man himself, is universally loved and revered. And while his innovative tuning and playing styles were a major part of his monstrous tones, a heavily modified 1964 Gibson SG was at the center of it all. Epiphone is proud to release a guitar based on the iconic original that launched countless heavy riffs.
The Epiphone Tony Iommi SG Special features a two-piece mahogany body, a bound one piece mahogany neck with a rounded profile, an Indian laurel fretboard with 22 frets, a Graph Tech‚® nut, Grover‚® Rotomatic‚® tuners with contemporary style buttons, and chrome-covered Epiphone PRO P-90 pickups that are wired to CTS‚® potentiometers and Orange Drop‚® capacitors. A static cling reproduction of Tony's "Monkey" sticker is in the included hardshell case. A left-handed version is also available.
- Body Styles: SG
- Body Shape: SG
- Body Material: 2 Piece Solid Mahogany
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Profile: Rounded Iommi C
- Scale Length: 628.65 mm / 24.75 in
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Laurel; Cream Binding
- Fingerboard Radius: 304.8 mm / 12 in
- Fret Count: 22
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech
- Nut Width: 43.0 mm / 1.692 in
- Inlays: Dot
- Joint: Glued In, Set Neck
- Finish: Nickel
- Bridge: Adjustable Wraparound
- Tuning Machines: Grover Rotomatic with Contemporary Style Buttons
- Pickguard: Monkey SG Pickguard; 5-Ply
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: Single Ply Bell
- Control Knobs: Black Witch Hat with Silver Insert
- Switch Tip: Black
- Switch washer: Black, No Text
- Control Covers: Black
- Strap Buttons: 2 - Bottom and Upper Horn
- Mounting Rings: Black
- Pickup Covers: Nickel Plated Plastic
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone PRO P-90
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone PRO P-90
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, CTS Potentiometers, Orange Drop Capacitors
- Pickup Selector: Switchcraft 3-way Toggle
- Output Jack: 1/4" Switchcraftd
- Strings Gauge: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case: Epiphone Hardshell Case Included
- Accessories: Monkey Static Cling Sticker
- More Information
- Condition New
- SKU EPI-EIGCTIMSCHNH1
- UPC 4157340676
- Weight 42.000000
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets to manufacturer factory specifications. Any request made outside of manufacturer factory specifications can incur additional charges for parts and labor. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.