The Volume (X) Pedal controls volume and FX parameters, featuring fully adjustable rocker tension and and a Low Friction Band-Drive for ultimate durability—all in a pedalboard-friendly housing.
Create incredibly smooth volume swells or control your effect pedal parameters with the DVP3 Volume (X) Pedal. Its solidly-built and ready for the road with an aluminum chassis, aggressive non-slip tread, and our patent-pending Low Friction Band-Drive for a smooth range of motion without the fear of breakage or change in feel or range. For maximum comfort and precision, the DVP3’s rocker tension is fully adjustable.
When using the DVP3 as an expression pedal, you can use the internal pot to set the minimum level of the parameter you’re controlling with the rocker. If you want to reverse the function of the heel-down and toe-down positions, the DVP3 has an internal switch that allows you to do so.
Along with Volume, FX and Output jacks, the DVP3 also features a convenient Tuner output for silent tuning onstage.
- Control your volume levels or effects pedals with exacting precision
- Patented Low Friction Band-Drive for highly reliable action
- Fully adjustable rocker tension
- We recommend placing the Volume (X) at the beginning of your effects signal chain. Run a cable from your guitar to the Dunlop Volume (X)’s Input jack.
- Optional: Run a cable from the Tuner output to a tuner. Signal to tuner is active regardless of rocker position.
- VOLUME MODE (250 kΩ POT)
- Run a cable from the Volume (X)’s Output jack to your amplifier.
- With the pedal in full toe-down position, set your guitar and amp’s maximum desired volume level.
- Move the rocker pedal toward the heel-down position to decrease the volume.
- The output signal will be muted when the rocker pedal reaches full heel-down position.
- EXPRESSION MODE (10 kΩ POT)
- Run a stereo or TRS cable from the Volume (X)’s FX jack to your effects pedal's expression jack.
- With the pedal in full toe-down position, set the effect parameter you want to control to the desired maximum level.
- Optional: To set the effect parameter’s minimum level, use internal potentiometer toward the front of the pedal. Turn it clockwise to raise the minimum level or counterclockwise to lower it. Note: factory setting is fully counterclockwise.
- Move the rocker pedal toward the heel-down position to lower the value of the effect parameter within the range set by your effect pedal’s control and the Volume (X)’s internal potentiometer.
- When the rocker is fully heel-down, the effect parameter will be at the minimum value as set by the internal potentiometer.
- Optional: Use the internal blue push switch to reverse the function of heel-and toe-down postions.
- ADJUSTABLE TORQUE
- To adjust rocker pedal torque, place pedal in toe-down position. Insert a 1/4" flat blade screwdriver into torque adjust screw located under heel-end of rocker pedal. Turn clockwise to increase resistance or counterclockwise to decrease resistance.
- OUTPUT jack for volume signal control
- FX output for effect parameter control
- TUNER jack for constant signal to tuner
- INTERNAL 50 kΩ POT for setting minimum heel-down value, wired in series with expression pot
- INTERNAL SWITCH for reversing foot/heel polarity
- The Dunlop Volume (X) is a passive unit and does not require a power source to operate.
- DIMENSIONS OF PEDAL
- Height 2.575" (65.4 mm)
- Width 3.858" (98.0 mm)
- Length 10.000"(253.8 mm)
- Weight 2 lbs. 12 oz. (1.242 Kg)