- Acoustic Guitar Accessories - Steel String
- Inspection and Set-up
*These are stock photos. For actual photos of the instrument, please contact us.
Sometimes innovation is in the details and this is certainly true with Martin’s re-imagined D-28. After nearly a century at the helm, and as the quintessential workhorse of music legends like Hank Williams, The Beatles, Johnny Cash, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, and so many more, Martin's legendary D-28 has been lovingly and artfully enhanced.
“The post-WWII D-28 had a slightly different look than its predecessor and became the centerpiece of the folk and folk-rock movements at their pinnacle in the 1950s and 1960s." says Chris Martin, Chairman and CEO of Martin Guitar, "We have extracted the finest features from the D-28 of both my grandfather’s and my father’s respective eras.” The all-new D-28 blends the rich history of the guitar with Martin’s newest and most heralded innovations. The 184-year-old guitar maker has combined vintage appointments, including open gear tuners, an aged toner top, antique white accents, and a faux tortoise pickguard with a new neck profile to give D-28 enthusiasts a modern feel and comfortable playing experience. Martin has also added forward-shifted bracing to allow greater vibration of the top. The legend just got better.
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret
- FINISH TOP: Gloss
- CONSTRUCTION: Dovetail Neck Joint
- BACK & SIDE FINISH: Gloss
- BRACING PATTERN: Forward-Shifted X-Brace
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- BRACE SHAPE: Non-Scalloped
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4''
- TOP MATERIAL: Sitka Spruce
- NECK SHAPE: Modified Low Oval
- BACK MATERIAL: East Indian Rosewood
- NECK TAPER: High-Performance Taper
- SIDE MATERIAL: East Indian Rosewood
- ELECTRONICS: None
- TOP COLOR: Aging Toner
- BRIDGE STYLE: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- BINDING: Antique White
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2 5/32"
- TOP INLAY MATERIAL: Multi-Stripe
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Ebony
- TOP DETAIL: None
- BRIDGE PIN MATERIAL: White Plastic
- PICKGUARD: Tortoise Pattern
- BRIDGE PIN DOTS: Faux Tortoise
- PICKGUARD INLAY: None
- SADDLE: Compensated Bone
- ROSETTE: Multi-Stripe
- SADDLE RADIUS: 16"
- BRACE MATERIAL: Sitka Spruce
- BACK AND SIDES COLOR: None
- BRACE SIZE: 5/16"
- BACK DETAIL: None
- BACK PURFLING/STRIP: Style 28
- BACK INLAY MATERIAL: Multi-Stripe
- HEELCAP: Antique White
- SIDE DETAIL: None
- ENDPIECE: Antique White
- SIDE INLAY MATERIAL: None
- ENDPIECE INLAY: Multi-Stripe
- NECK MATERIAL: Select Hardwood
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Ebony
- FINISH NECK: Satin
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2 1/8''
- NECK COLOR: Dark Mahogany
- FINGERBOARD INLAY STYLE: Style 28
- NUMBER OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD INLAY MATERIAL: Mother-of-Pearl
- NECK JOINS BODY AT: 14th Fret
- FINGERBOARD BINDING MATERIAL: None
- SIDE DOTS: White
- HEADSTOCK SHAPE: Solid with Square Taper and Diamond
- TUNING MACHINES: Nickel Open Gear
- HEADPLATE MATERIAL: East Indian Rosewood
- KNOB: Butterbean
- HEADPLATE LOGO STYLE: Script Old Style Overlay
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- HEADPLATE BINDING MATERIAL: None
- HEADPLATE DETAIL: None
- CASE: Molded Hardshell
- LEFT HANDED AVAILABILITY: true
- LABEL: None
- PLEKED: true
- Acoustic Steel String Guitar Bags and Cases*
- Guitar Strings - Acoustic Steel String Guitars
- Guitar Cleaning and Maintenance
- Guitar Tuners
- Guitar Stands and Wall Hangars
*Not all bags and cases fit all guitars. If you aren't sure, please check with us at the store. Admin@easymusiccenter.com or call 808-591-0999.
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets to manufacturer factory specifications. Any request made outside of manufacturer factory specifications can incur additional charges for parts and labor. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.