MOOD is a two channel granular micro-looper / delay. Designed to be playful and immediate, it is a study of interaction. MOOD is internally collaborative, allowing audio to freely pass back and forth between its two sides, evolving and transforming over time. Drolo FX is behind the loop channel, a collection of always-listening micro-loopers, and old blood noise endeavors offer us the wet channel, a suite of live spatial effects.
We have three different options for how the channels are internally routed. Run a time-stretched loop through a cloud of delay taps, re-record it and carry on. Overdub, freeze, dissolve, smear. The device’s heart is the clock control, which slows or accelerates both sides simultaneously in harmonized steps. Instantly turn a loop into rolling chirps, or divide a reverb down into atmospheric noise. And naturally, we have full MIDI, dip-switch, and preset implementation.
- CHANNEL TOGGLE: The channel is a collection of live spatial effects. They can process the channel, your input, or both. These algorithms are controlled by the TIME and MODIFY knobs.
- REVERB: Reverb mode is a cluster of smearable delay taps. It produces an array of atmospheric effects, from reverb to multi-tap delay to comb filtering. The TIME knob adjusts the time of all delay taps. Turning the MODIFY knob CW increases the amount of smearing (from clean repeats to washed out reverb).
- DELAY: Delay mode is a looping delay. This mode was specifically designed to play with the clock knob, experiment with creating harmonies by recording different loop layers at different clock settings. TIME sets your delay time. When changing the time, you’ll hear a discontinuity at certain spots on the dial. This is by design, as it allows for smooth action between those spots and creates an interesting sound when ramped. MODIFY controls the feedback of the looping delay. With feedback in the full CW position, repeats are stable and will pile up like a looper.
- SLIP: Slip mode is a buffer with an adjustable playback head,able to go from half to double speed either forwards or backwards. TIME sets the length of the buffer. Smaller samples will produce more instant, granular effects, while longer samples will capture and alter whole phrases like a delay. MODIFY sets the buffer playback speed and direction.
- MIX (RAMP): When you don’t have any dip switches assigned for ramping, this is a mix control. All the way CCW is 100% dry signal and wet volume increases as you turn this knob CW. In maximum CW position, there will be no dry signal. Additionally, if you feel you want more (or less) maximum dry or wet signal you can set this to taste with internal trimmers. If a dip switch is engaged for ramping, you can set this knob to control any of the five parameters individually or simultaneously (Time, Length, Modify , Clock, Modify ), and have it either modulate (Bounce) or ramp-and-hold (rise or fall) via dip switches in the back of the pedal. In this case, this knob controls the ramp time in which this takes place.
- CLOCK This single knob is a global control for the clock that controls the recording and playback for each channel. Sample rate is half the value of the clock. In addition, this knob controls the recorded loop time on the 0 channel. 64k = .5s, 48k = .75s, 32k = 1s, 24k = 1.5s, 16k = 2s, 12k 3s, 8k = 4s, 6k = 6s, 4k= 8s, 3k = 12s, 2k = 16s. The red LED blinks off in time with this to give a visual indication of recorded loop length.
- IN | IN + | TOGGLE: This toggle is used only when both channels are active, and allows the user to select what gets processed by the channel. & BYPASS
- STOMPS: Activates or bypasses each channel. These can be changed to a momentary bypass or momentary active via a dip switch in the back of the pedal if it is desired. In addition, on the channel, if that channel is in playback (green LED), you can do momentary records by holding down the stomp and it will re-enter playback on release.
- LOWER TOGGLE: This switch recalls presets. The right position recalls preset #1, the left position recalls preset #2. The middle position will always reflect wherever the knob positions, toggle positions, and dip switch positions are currently at. In order to save to the right preset slot, you hold down the right stomp (bypass) for 3 seconds, and then hold down both stomp switches simultaneously for another 3 seconds. The LED blinks and your setting is saved. For the left slot, you do the same thing, but hold the left stomp first.
- IN / OUT: ¼” mono jack.
- EXP / CV: ¼” TRS jack for expression pedal (parameter selectable via dip switch in the back of the pedal). Tip goes to wiper. Can also be used for 0-5V Control Voltage (CV) on tip – the ring should be left floating in this case.