The Alpha·Omega Ultra is the most versatile bass preamplifier we’ve designed: With its two distinct distortion circuits (Alpha and Omega), extremely high dynamic range, six-band active graphic EQ, dedicated headphone output and balanced direct output with switchable digital impulse-response cabinet emulation make for an incredibly complete tool for the modern bass player.
- Blend - Mixes the clean and processed signals. The clean signal remains at unity gain while the volume of the overdriven signal is set by the Level knob, allowing for fine mix tuning.
- Level - Sets the volume of the overdriven signal.
- Drive - Sets the amount of gain in the overdriven signal.
- Bite - Boosts High Mids (2.8kHz) for additional presence and definition.
- Growl - Shelving Bass Boost for a fatter tone and increased low end saturation.
- Mod - Selects of mixes between the two distinct distortion circuits: Alpha is punchy, tight with a lot of definition, whereas Omega is simply brutal and raw. On the Darkglass Suite you can assign footswitch control of the Mod to toggle between Alpha and Omega.
- Master - Whereas the Leve knob control the output of the overdrive section the Master volume adjusts the overall volume of the unit. Ideal for fine tuning the output on clean mode. It also serves as a DI and headphone volume control. Please note that volume is not affected by this control when the pedal is on bypass.
- Bass - Low shelf +- 12dB @ 80Hz
- Mid bands - +-10dB @ 250Hz, 500Hz, 1.5 kHz, 3 kHz
- Treble - High Shelf +- 12dB @ 5 kHz
- Ground Lift - Disconnects the signal ground on the Direct Output to break any ground loops. Set this switch to either position that has less noise. The switch does not affect the 1/4" output.
- Cab Sim - Toggle the cabinet simulation on/off on the Direct Output. This switch completely bypasses all digital circuits and allows you to get a zero latency signal when needed.
- Headphones - Alpha-Omega Ultra has an internal stereo headphone amplifier capable of driving a minimum load of 16 ohms from the 3.5mm stereo jack. Use the Master volume control to adjust the level.
- USB - A micro USB B connector allows you to connect the pedal to PC/Mac to load cabinet simulation impulse responses to the pedal and control various other settings.