Teach violin with the popular Suzuki Violin School. The Suzuki Method® of Talent Education is based on Shinichi Suzuki's view that every child is born with ability, and that people are the product of their environment. According to Shinichi Suzuki, a world-renowned violinist and teacher, the greatest joy an adult can know comes from developing a child's potential so he/she can express all that is harmonious and best in human beings. Students are taught using the "mother-tongue" approach. Each series of books for a particular instrument in the Suzuki Method is considered a Suzuki music school, such as the Suzuki Violin School. Suzuki lessons are generally given in a private studio setting with additional group lessons. The student listens to the recordings and works with their Suzuki violin teacher to develop their potential as a musician and as a person.
This Suzuki book is integral for Suzuki Violin lessons. This revised edition of the Suzuki Violin School, Volume 5 features:
- Revised editing of pieces, including bowings and fingerings
- Additional exercises, some from Shinichi Suzuki, plus additional insight and suggestions for teachers
- Musical notation guide
- Text in English, French, Spanish, and German
- Fingerboard position * CD featuring recordings by William Preucil, Jr. and piano accompaniments by Linda Perry, as well as piano accompaniments recorded alone.
Titles: Gavotte (Bach) * Concerto in A Minor, 2nd Movement, Op. 3 No. 6 (Vivaldi) * Concerto in G Minor (Vivaldi) * Country Dance (Weber) * German Dance (Dittersdorf) * Gigue (Veracini) * Concerto for Two Violins in D Minor, BWV 1043, 1st Movement, Violin I (Bach).
- Series: Suzuki Violin School
- Composed by: Shinichi Suzuki
- Instrument: Violin
- Format: Book & CD
- Page Count: 36
- Item Number: 00-32743
- ISBN 10: 0-7390-6075-9
- ISBN 13: 978-0-7390-6075-9
- UPC: 038081356341