With BH550 we're building on everything that people loved about the original BH250, by simply throwing in more of what made the amp so innovative. You get more power, more punch and more creative features without compromising with the original's ultra-lightweight design. On top of that you get a highly intelligent EQ section, and a build in tuner. And you know what that means... total tonal bliss!
• TonePrint - Instant Inspiration
TonePrint: Complete Creative Control - No longer is your creativity held back by some fixed set of build-in effects! With the innovative TonePrint technology you become the amp designer. So if you need a swirling vintage flanger and a TubeDrive for your next rock gig, or a compressor and a chorus when you play with your funk band, you simply just load them into the amp. This may sound surreal, but trust us, it's THAT easy!
TonePrint means signature effects made by the most awesome bass players around, like Victor Wooten, Duff McKagan, Nathan East and many more. These TonePrints are available for free, straight from your smartphone - and with 2 switchable TonePrint slots available, you can mix and match to your heart's desire!
Where Technology and Design Meet. - Long gone are the days where bassists where the quiet dudes side of stage staring at their shoes pumping roots and fifths. Today's bassist is versatile, expressive, loud, and ready for his place in the spotlight. To perfectly support the needs of our fellow lovers of low-end, we've designed the BH550 to fit the needs of busy bassists on-the-go.
Effect Types - You can load and swap effect types on your BH-and BG-Series bass amps via USB or the TonePrint App for smartphones. Once you load an effect of your choice to the amp, you can use the white TonePrint knob to adjust the wet/dry balance - more or less effect so to speak.
Octaver - You will find that our Sub'n'Up Octaver is one of the most flexible octavers you'll ever come across. It can take you up an octave, or down an octave, keep it clean, or add some dirt. And it tracks like no other octaver you have ever tried - all the way down to the low B-string!
SpectraComp - SpectraComp is the same multi-band compressor that you'll find in the Blacksmith. In essence, you get a 'compressor per string' that is not fooled by the impact of the lower strings only, which is a known problem when using single-band compressors for bass.
Bass Drive - Bass Drive will give you the same convincing tube-like character that the TubeTone feature of e.g. RH750 and the Blacksmith is so famous for. On top of that, it can also get downright dirty and add drive, distortion or fuzz for more heavy duties.
Chorus - The Chorus effect is based on our legendary Stereo Chorus Flanger - aka SCF - that set new standards for chorus greatness decades ago and is still going strong. Now, it has been tailored with painstaking attention to detail for one specific purpose: Bass!
Flanger - The Flanger effect builds on our Vortex Flanger pedal that has amazed and inspired bass players all over the world ever since its release in 2010.
Vibrato - The Vibrato effect is similar to our Vibrato Shaker pedal. It may not be the most common effect for bass players, but many have found it great for experimenting with new styles and creative ideas.
TonePrint Enabled - Signature Bass Effects - Bass TonePrints are free, custom-tuned effects, provided by your favorite bass players! TonePrints give you access to an effect as it is used by the artist - so you can tap directly into the TC tones used by the best bass players in the world.
Oh, this being the 21st century and all, we've made a TonePrint App which allows you to beam TonePrints from your phone to your TonePrint-enabled pedal or amp. Easy, fast and totally free of charge!
- Input connector 1/4" jack
- Input impedance 500 kOhm / 100pF
- Gain range -96 to 41dB
- Tone control: Bass 50 Hz @ Gain -24 to 0 dB; 80 Hz @ Gain 0 to +24 dB
- Tone control: Low Mids 200 Hz @ Gain -24 to 0 dB; 160 Hz @ Gain 0 to +24 dB
- Tone control: High Mids 630 Hz @ Gain -24 to 0 dB; 800 Hz @ Gain 0 to +24 dB
- Tone control: Treble 1800 Hz @ Gain -24 to 0 dB; 4000 Hz @ Gain 0 to +24 dB
- Tuner Bass Tuner, always on
- Tuning range B0 (30.87 Hz) to C4 (523.25 Hz)
- Mute Mutes speaker output, phones output and balanced output
- Master level / Headphones output Studio quality headphone amp
- Recommended HP impedance 32 to 600 Ohm
- Mains supply 100 to 240 V~ 50/60 Hz (200 W @ 1/8 of maximum output)
- Power module rating 550 W
- Speaker output Neutrik speakOn™
- Balanced output Balanced XLR, pre/post preamp
- Balanced output maximum +2 dBu
- Bal. output optimal load impedance 600 Ohm
- Rehearsal input 1/8” jack input, fits to iPod®
- Humidity Maximum 90 % non-condensing
- Dimensions 275 x 69 x 279 mm / 10.8” x 2.7” x 11.0”
- Weight 2.8 kg / 6.1 pounds
- Finish Brushed and anodized aluminum front plate, metal chassis