*Photos shown are of the actual guitar for sale. Serial# 1105219076
Part of Taylor’s inaugural class of Grand Pacific guitars, the Builder’s Edition 717e builds on a long tradition of rosewood/spruce dreadnoughts but breaks new ground with an entirely new Taylor sound. The round-shoulder dreadnought shape, featuring Taylor’s award-winning V-Class bracing, produces warm, seasoned acoustic tone in which individual notes overlap and blend smoothly together, while the low-end power common among dreadnoughts boasts greater clarity here.
V-Class brings extra punch and sustain, along with improved intonation and musicality across the entire frequency spectrum. Together with rosewood’s harmonic complexity and the played-in sound of the torrefied spruce top, players can expect rich, luxurious tonal character from top to bottom. It’s a voice comfortably rooted in a traditional sound, yet updated to offer a more expressive musical range.
As a Builder’s Edition model, the 717e also sports an array of premium, player-friendly features: chamfered body edges, rolled fretboard edges, and a new compound-carve neck profile, whose contours match the natural adjustments in the player’s hand position when moving up and down the fretboard. Even the bridge design was refined to add a more ergonomic feel for the player’s picking hand. Taylor’s noise-reducing Silent Satin finish displays the muted sheen of an older guitar, while elegantly understated appointments include mother-of-pearl Arrowhead fretboard and peghead inlays, with Sapele binding. This edition also features our stage-ready ES2 electronics.
- Scale Length - 25-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle - Black Graphite, Micarta saddle
- Bracing - V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover - West African Crelicam Ebony
- Pickguard - None
- Number of Frets - 20
- Tuners - Taylor Nickel
- Case - Taylor Deluxe Hardshell-Western Floral
- Brand of Strings - Elixir Phosphor Bronze Medium
- Body Length - 20”
- Body Width - 16”
- Body Depth - 4 5/8"
- Binding/Edge Treatment - Sapele
- Top Finish - Silent Satin
- Back Config - 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish - None
- Rosette Size - Single Ring
- Bridge Inlay - None
- Back/Side Finish - Silent Satin
- Armrest Binding - None
- Backstrap Wood - None
- Rosette Mat. - Black Sapele/Maple
- Stain/Sunburst - None
- Wedge - None
- Armrest - No
- Neck Width - 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay - Arrowheads, Mother of Pearl
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment - West African Crelicam Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding - West African Crelicam Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint - Scarf
- Neck/Heel - Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood - West African Crelicam Ebony
- Neck Finish - Satin
- Heel Length - 3-1/2"
- Peghead Finish - Satin
- Peghead Binding - None
- Peghead Type - Standard
- Peghead Purfling - None
- Headstock Overlay - West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Inlay - Arrowheads, Mother of Pearl
- Peghead Logo - Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pins - West African Crelicam Ebony
- Buttons - Nickel
- Fingerboard Ext - None
- Edge Trim - None
*Models are subject to change without notice
- Acoustic Steel String Guitar Bags and Cases*
- Guitar Strings - Acoustic Steel String Guitars
- Guitar Cleaning and Maintenance
- Guitar Tuners
- Guitar Stands and Wall Hangars
*Not all bags and cases fit all guitars. If you aren't sure, please check with us at the store. Admin@easymusiccenter.com or call 808-591-0999.
Here at Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12 point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.