In response to high-quality, low-priced import guitars, Fender created the Lead Series in 1979, featuring a new solid-body design, hard-tail bridges and cool new wiring options. Appealing to a wide variety of players, the sleek new Lead models kicked off a fresh creative era in Fender’s history.
- CASE/GIG BAG: This Guitar Does Not Come with a Case or a Bag
The Player Lead III, a tribute to the original 1982-only model, features a set of hot alnico Player humbucking pickups, dual-toggle switches for pickup selection and coil-splits, and a modern "C" neck shape with medium jumbo frets. Available in Purple Metallic, as well as classic Olympic white and Sienna Sunburst versions.
The Player Lead Series offers style, power and versatility in a comfortable, easy-to-play package.
- Model Name: Player Lead III, Pau Ferro Fingerboard, Olympic White
- Model: #0144313505
- Series: Player
- Country Of Origin: MX
- Color: Olympic White
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Lead
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Player Series Alnico 2 Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Player Series Alnico 2 Humbucking
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge6-Saddle String-Through-Body Hardtail With Block Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender® Vintage "F" Stamped
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403
- Dimensions: 4.50x5.20x42.20 IN
- Weight: 11.25 LB
Here at Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12 point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.