In response to high-quality, low-priced import guitars, Fender created the Lead Series in 1979, featuring a new solid-body design, hard-tail bridges and cool new wiring options. Appealing to a wide variety of players, the sleek new Lead models kicked off a fresh creative era in Fender’s history.
- CASE/GIG BAG: This Guitar Does Not Come with a Case or a Bag
The Player Lead II is an homage to those late 70's models, featuring dual-slanted Player series single coil pickups, a modern "C" neck shape with medium jumbo frets, dual-toggle switches (one for pickup selection, one for phase-reverse), and of course that unique Lead double-cutaway shape. Available in Neon Green, as well as vintage-correct Crimson Red Transparent and Black.
The Player Lead Series offers style, power and versatility in a comfortable, easy-to-play package.
- Model Name Player Lead II, Maple Fingerboard, Neon Green
- Model #0144212525
- Series Player
- Country Of Origin MX
- Color Neon Green
- Body Alder
- Body Finish Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape Lead
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Gloss Polyester
- Neck Shape Modern "C"
- Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Maple
- Fingerboard Radius 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets 22
- Frets Size Medium Jumbo
- String Nut Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup Player Series Alnico 5 Strat® Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup Player Series Alnico 5 Strat Single-Coil
- Controls Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration SS
- Bridge 6-Saddle String-Through-Body Hardtail With Block Saddles
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines Fender® Vintage "F" Stamped
- Pickguard3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings Fender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403
- Dimensions 4.25x15.00x41.75 IN
- Weight 10.15 LB
Here at Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12 point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.