- Studio Accessories
Move to a new groove.
The MC-707 GROOVEBOX has everything you need to create a song or perform a live set without a computer. Immerse yourself in eight tracks of recording, sequencing, synthesizers, and effects, plus a curated palette of sounds, loops, and phrases. Record audio and MIDI—with deep control over timing—and tweak the faders and knobs for that “in the moment” experience.
Mega micro composer.
This modern GROOVEBOX packs a lot of punch in a single piece of gear. It’s deep and customizable, yet fun and friendly, always ready to create something new. Compose from a curated collection of built-in sounds, beats, and phrases all expertly crafted by renowned artists and sound designers. Record and chain clips, re-arrange, re-sample, record automation, and make it all sound huge with per-track and global effects.
Eight tracks of clip-based sequencing.
The MC-707’s eight-track sequencer is optimized for fluid production of today’s electronic-focused music styles and ever-evolving subgenres. The TR-REC step sequencer is just like those found on classic Roland drum machines, perfect for building rhythm parts quickly. There are also 16 ultra-sensitive pads for playing or sequencing drum parts, melodic basslines, or polyphonic chord progressions. Sequences are stored in clips that contain your sounds, note data, and live knob movements or drawn automation.
The MC-707 lets you dig deep into our most advanced synth engine ever—the ZEN-Core Synthesis System. Fusing virtual analog, modeling, and modern PCM, the MC-707 has the sounds of legendary Roland rhythm machines and synthesizers that are the foundation of electronic music—including the TR-808, TR-909, TB-303, JUNO-106, and SH-101. But the MC-707 also looks forward, with modern digital and hybrid sounds perfect for creating future classics—today.
Record, sample, tweak, and mangle.
In addition to its deep synthesis engine, the MC-707 has a powerful sampler with on-the-fly recording that synchronizes to your project’s tempo. Record vocals or instrument parts, or import from your own existing library, then sequence or trigger phrases, one-shots, and loops. You can also tweak and mangle samples by slicing, truncating, and reversing—with the inspiration and precision that comes only from hands-on control.
With the MC-707’s massive effects palette, your music sounds polished and fully produced. All eight tracks have independent effects processors with a huge number of variations.
Loaded with hands-on controls, the MC-707 lets you dig in and shape your music in a visceral, physical way. Faders for each track let you immediately mix and arrange parts, and knobs can be freely assigned to any control you need. You can even record your knob movements so they play back automatically.
With its advanced USB audio interface capabilities, the MC-707 easily flows in and out of your production setup. You can record all eight parts to individual DAW tracks and finish your song there.
Expand with new sounds, loops, and phrases.
The MC-707 is an updateable and expandable platform that never gets stale. Keep things fresh with projects that contain new loops, one-shots, phrases, and synth sounds—all available online.
And since the MC-707 uses the ZEN-Core Synthesis System, you can get loads of new sounds with ZEN-Core Sound Packs, available via Roland Cloud Manager.
- Sound Generator: ZEN-Core (Tone,Drum Kit)
- Track Type: Tone, Drum Kit, Looper (Audio Loop)
- Maximum Polyphony:
- ZEN-Core:128 voices (varies according to the sound generator load)
- LOOPER:8 (varies according to the available number of Looper track)Tracks8 tracks
- Clips: 128 clips (16 clips per track) * Clip Type: Tone, Drum Kit, Looper (Audio Loop), it varies according to the track type.
- Track Multi-Effects: 90 types
- Track EQ
- Chorus/Delay: 9 types
- Reverb: 7 types
- Master Effects: 90 types
- Master Compressor
- Master EQ
- Step Sequencer: Maximum Step: 128 steps * Available on a Tone or Drum Kit Track
- Looper: Time Stretch, Pitch Shift * Available on a Looper Track
- External Storage: SD Card (SDHC supported)
- PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- MIX OUT(L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- ASSIGNABLE OUT(L,R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- SEND/RETURN(L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- EXT IN(L/MONO/MIC, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type (it works as 1/4-inch TRS phone type when using MIC)
- MIDI (IN, OUT1, OUT2) connectors
- USB port: USB B type (Audio, MIDI)
- DC IN jack
- Power Supply: AC adaptor
- Current Draw: 2,000 mA
- AC adaptor
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- SD Card (installed in the product when shipped from the factory)
- SD Card Protector (installed in the product when shipped from the factory)
- SIZE AND WEIGHT
- Width: 426 mm | 16-13/16
- Depth: 263 mm | 10-3/8
- Height: 60 mm | 2-3/8 inches
- Weight: 2.1 kg | 4 lbs 11 oz