Big sound. Full sound. Sophisticated sound. Is your mic living up to the power of your vocal? For decades, the BETA® 58A has been through the wringer, pushing voice to the forefront on the biggest stages in the world. For sound that commands the attention of the entire crowd, this is your microphone.
On stage or in the studio, the BETA 58A is made for refined voice. The brightened midrange and bass roll-off give lead and background vocals a mighty presence in the mix. And the supercardioid pattern works harder to isolate your sound from every other source in the air. You could say it’s a singer’s best friend.
No worse for wear
The hardened steel mesh grille stands up to some of the roughest sweat drips, mic drops and van rides, without so much as a dent to show for it.
Out-louds the noise
The neodymium magnet provides higher output levels, so your sound is clear - and everything else stays in the background.
A worldwide star
The BETA 58A is a top-selling, single-element, dynamic microphone, and can be seen every night on stages all around the globe.
- Premier live performance microphone with Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability
- Uniform supercardioid pick-up pattern for maximum gain before feedback and superior rejection of off-axis sound
- Tailored frequency response specifically shaped for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass roll off to control proximity effect
- Neodymium magnet for greater sensitivity and higher output
- Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
- Dent-resistant steel mesh grille and enamel coated die-cast metal construction resist wear and abuse
- Effective built-in pop filter reduces undesirable wind and breath noise
- Type Dynamic (moving coil)
- Frequency Response 50 to 16,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern Supercardioid
- Output Impedance EIA rated at 150 Ω (290 Ω actual)
- Sensitivity at 1kHz, open circuit voltage -51.5 dBV/Pa (2 .6 mV)
- Polarity Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Weight Net 0.278 kg (0.62 lbs)
- Connector Three-pin professional audio (XLR), male, balanced
- Housing Silver blue enamel-painted die cast metal with hardened, matte-finished steel mesh grille  1 Pa=94 dB SPL
- 1 - A25D Adjustable Stand Adapter
- 1 - 95A2050 5/8” to 3/8” (Euro) Thread Adapter
- 1 - 26A21 Storage Bag