We took the DX1KAE and reimagined it. The result is the D-X2E. The back and sides of this new guitar are constructed from a gorgeous, koa-pattern high-pressure laminate (HPL), generated from premium Hawaiian koa that was specially selected from Martin’s wood stores. A mother-of-pearl-pattern rosette and fingerboard inlay step up the flash of this model while a new wood neck, bridge, and fingerboard make the instrument lighter and more balanced and offer better sound transfer. It is also equipped with Fishman® MX electronics and strung with Martin’s Authentic Acoustic Lifespan® 2.0 strings, giving the D-X2E superior sound to match its great looks. Add in a new soft gig bag featuring headstock, bridge, and endpin protectors, a durable water-repellent exterior, and foam padding, and this model is truly a stage-ready guitar.
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret
- FINISH TOP: Hand-Rubbed
- CONSTRUCTION: Mortise & Tenon Neck Joint
- BACK & SIDE FINISH: None
- BRACING PATTERN: X-Brace
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- BRACE SHAPE: Scalloped X with Non-Scalloped Tone Bars
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4''
- TOP MATERIAL: Sitka Spruce
- NECK SHAPE: Perfomring Artist
- BACK MATERIAL: HPL
- NECK TAPER: High-Performance Taper
- SIDE MATERIAL: HPL
- ELECTRONICS: Fishman® MX
RECOMMENDED STRINGS: Authentic Acoustic Lifespan® 2.0 Light - 92/8 Phosphor Bronze MA540T
- Acoustic Steel String Guitar Bags and Cases*
- Guitar Strings - Acoustic Steel String Guitars
- Guitar Cleaning and Maintenance
- Guitar Tuners
- Guitar Stands and Wall Hangars
*Not all bags and cases fit all guitars. If you aren't sure, please check with us at the store. Admin@easymusiccenter.com or call 808-591-0999.