Our Hawaiian Koa series began in 1995 with one model, the humble soprano. Alvin handcrafted them one at a time and even made his own labels out of wood. While our ukulele has been through a series of improvements, they still ring with the same signature KoAloha sound. As a tonewood, koa produces a nice harmony of warmth and brightness.
The finger balance of these instruments is a fit for all types of music. From fingerpicking to strumming, from classical to jazz, the Hawaiian Koa series will play and sound great. All of our koa instruments are produced in our factory in Kaka'ako.
- All solid Hawaiian Koa Body
- CNC shaped Mahogany Neck
- TUSQ Nut and Saddle
- KoAloha 5-pointed Crown Headstock
- Ebony Fretboard and Fretboard Binding
- Paua Fret Markers
- Thinlam Paua Headstock Logo
- 17-Fret Straight cut Fretboard (joined at the 13th Fret)
- Ebony Bridge
- KoAloha Friction Tuners
- KoAloha's “Musubi” Sound Hole
- Buffed High Gloss Finish
- “Better than the Weather” Warranty
- Manufactured in September 2020