- Acoustic Guitar Accessories - Steel String
- Inspection and Set-up
*Photos are of the actual guitar. Serial #1209141197.
This stunning Grand Auditorium from our new Builder’s Edition collection features Hawaiian koa back and sides paired with a torrefied Sitka spruce top. The guitar was inspired by our groundbreaking V-Class™ bracing, which boosts the volume evenly across the tonal spectrum, increases the sustain, and improves the natural intonation of the guitar by creating a more orderly response from the soundboard. The result is a more harmonious relationship between the notes you play, helping chords sing with cohesive beauty.
Another design emphasis of Builder’s Edition is enhanced playing comfort in the form of ergonomic new body contours. Details include a beveled armrest, beveled body edge treatment, and a reshaped cutaway that flows smoothly into the heel and incorporates a finger bevel where the cutaway meets the soundboard. This creates a more fluid path to the guitar’s upper-register notes for your fretting hand. Other refined touches include “silent” satin finish, which helps quiet the incidental noise against the guitar body, and a gorgeous new Kona burst that highlights the natural beauty of the figured koa back and sides. Inset koa/paua top and back trim adds a beautiful sparkle that complements the new Spring Vine fretboard inlay. In every way, this K14ce acoustic guitar embodies the ultimate player’s guitar and testifies to the benefits of innovative craftsmanship.
Grand Auditorium Shape
Taylor’s signature shape embodies the ultimate all-purpose acoustic.
Sitka Spruce Top
The soundboard choice for most guitars, Sitka spruce produces a broad dynamic range and accommodates a versatile range of playing styles.
Hawaiian Koa Body
Few woods carry the allure of Hawaiian koa, with its gorgeous figure and sweet, complex tone.
Expression System® 2 Electronics
The Expression System® 2 captures more of a guitar’s dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
A smooth, double-contoured cutaway provides easy access to even the highest frets without changing hand positions.
A revolutionary design that balances the flexibility and stability of the top, V-Class bracing produces unmatched sustain, volume, and intonation.
- Scale Length 25-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle Black Graphite, Micarta saddle
- Bracing V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover West African Crelicam Ebony
- Pickguard None
- Number of Frets 20
- Tuners Gotoh
- Case Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Brand of Strings Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length 20"
- Body Width 16"
- Body Depth 4 5/8"
- Binding/Edge Treatment West African Crelicam Ebony
- Top Finish Silent Satin
- Back Config 2-piece or 4-piece Simons Wedge
- Backstrap Finish None
- Rosette Size Single Ring
- Bridge Inlay None
- Back/Side Finish Silent Satin
- Armrest Binding Beveled, inset Koa/Paua
- Backstrap Wood None
- Rosette Mat. Koa/Fiber/Paua
- Stain/Sunburst Kona Burst
- Wedge None
- Armrest yes
- Neck Width 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay Spring Vine
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment West African Crelicam Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding West African Crelicam Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint Taylor Neck
- Neck/Heel Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood West African Crelicam Ebony
- Neck Finish Satin
- Heel Length 3-1/4"
- Peghead Finish Satin
- Peghead Binding West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Type Standard
- Peghead Purfling Koa
- Headstock Overlay West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Inlay Spring Vine
- Peghead Logo Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pins West African Crelicam Ebony
- Buttons Gold
- Fingerboard Ext None
- Edge Trim Koa/Paua/Koa
- Acoustic Steel String Guitar Bags and Cases*
- Guitar Strings - Acoustic Steel String Guitars
- Guitar Cleaning and Maintenance
- Guitar Tuners
- Guitar Stands and Wall Hangars
*Not all bags and cases fit all guitars. If you aren't sure, please check with us at the store. Admin@easymusiccenter.com or call 808-591-0999.
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets to manufacturer factory specifications. Any request made outside of manufacturer factory specifications can incur additional charges for parts and labor. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.