PORTABLE CONTROL WITH PRO ACTION
There’s no shortage of portable MIDI keyboard controllers on the market, but portability often equates to subpar keyboard action. With the new A-49, the game has changed — this lightweight, slim-line controller features a premium-grade, full-size keyboard that raises the bar in its class. Available in pearl white and black finishes, the A-49 is a dream for musicians seeking a simple, easy-to-use MIDI keyboard with a pro-quality playing feel.
Great Keys, Great Controls
The A-49’s keys have a rounded shape for a better reaction to the player’s touch and a more comfortable glissandi. Other enhancements have been made to reduce the already low mechanical noise and eliminate vertical shake. All of these features add up to a keyboard that even the most discerning pros will appreciate. Add color to your sound and excitement to your performance by waving your hands over the invisible D-BEAM. The A-49 can assign all its controllers automatically for fully utilizing an external SuperNATURAL sound module such as the INTEGRA-7. It’s also a great second keyboard for controlling synthesizers that have onboard SuperNATURAL sounds, such as the JUPITER-80 and JUPITER-50.
The A-49 was born for mobile use. It’s strong yet amazingly lightweight (less than six pounds/2.5 kilograms), making it easy to lift and carry. And although it has a very streamlined design, the A-49 features a full-size, premium keyboard with 49 velocity-sensitive keys. For the ultimate in portable convenience, the A-49 is powered from your computer’s USB bus — no power cable or adapter is required. It draws a minimal amount of current, which is ideal for a USB bus-powered device.
Make Music with Your Mac or PC
The A-49 provides clean connections via its recessed rear panel, so you can place a computer monitor or laptop in the perfect position for creating music. Two knobs, two switches, and the D-BEAM controller are all easily accessible and intelligently arranged to make your workflow fast and fluid. Dedicated octave buttons offer immediate control of the key scale, and a transpose button is provided for adjusting the scale in semitone steps; LED indicators to give you instant visual feedback of your octave/transpose settings. Other settings can be accessed via the Function button, which lets you use the keys to perform additional tasks printed above the keyboard.
Perfect Partner for the iPad*
Recently, many musicians have gravitated toward their Apple iPads to record musical ideas. While there are small MIDI keyboards that can be used with the iPad, the A-49 gives you pro playability as well as mobility. Its clean, clutter-free surface and excellent feel keep your fingers on the keys and your mind on the music.
- 49 full-size keys with velocity sensitivity
- Lightweight and compact
- Easy to use
- Two knobs, two switches, and D-BEAM controller
- USB bus-powered; no AC adapter required
- Pearl white and black finishes
- Keyboard - 49 keys (with velocity)
- Controllers - Buttons: S1, S2 (Assignable), Knobs: C1, C2 (Assignable), Foot Pedals: HOLD, EXPRESSION, Pitch Bend/Modulation Lever, D-BEAM Controller
- Buttons - [Function] button, [SuperNATURAL] button , [Octave +/-] button, [Transpose] button
- Display - Power Indicator LED, Octave Indicator LED
- Connectors - HOLD Pedal jack: 1/4-inch phone type, EXPRESSION Pedal jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type, MIDI OUT connector, USB COMPUTER port (USB Type B)InterfaceUSBPower SupplySupplied from the computer via USB COMPUTER port
- Current Draw - 98 mA
- Accessories - Owner's Manual, A-49 CD-ROM, USB Cable
- Options (sold separately) - Pedal Switch (DP-2/DP-10), Expression Pedal (EV-5/EV-7)
SIZE AND WEIGHT
- Width - 836 mm (32-15/16 inches)
- Depth - 182 mm (7-3/16 inches)
- Height - 84 mm (3-5/16 inches)
- Weight - 2.5 kg (5 lbs. 9 oz.)