- Acoustic Guitar Accessories - Steel String
- Inspection and Set-up
*Photos shown are of the actual guitar for sale - Serial#1204121029
Among the second wave of guitars released with the new Taylor GT body shape is the GT K21e, made with back, sides and top of solid Hawaiian koa. Both visually striking and musically expressive, Hawaiian koa is beloved for its potent mix of top-end brilliance, midrange punch and bass presence.
- Comes with a case: Aerocase
The all-solid construction serves up power and clarity in equal measure in the Taylor GT, which features our new C-Class bracing under the soundboard to coax surprising warmth from the guitar’s low end. The 24-⅛” scale length helps reduce the string tension along the fretboard for a slinkier, more relaxed feel, while the 1-23/32” nut width strikes a balance between easier fretting and adequate string spacing for fingerstyle players.
Aesthetically, the GT K21e is appointed to inspire, detailed with gleaming antique gold Gotoh Mini 510 tuners with a 21:1 gear ratio for precise tuning, maple binding with black and koa edge trim, a single-ring maple rosette, and our artful Spring Vine inlay pattern on the fretboard and peghead, also in maple. Finished off with a full-body gloss treatment with an alluring shaded edgeburst, the GT K21e also includes ES2 electronics and ships in the lightweight yet durable AeroCase.
- Shape: Taylor GT. Compact yet gifted with a bold voice, the GT’s scaled-down frame offers surprising tonal power and texture.
- Top Wood: Hawaiian Koa. A koa top's visual beauty is instantly inspiring, while its sonic rewards unfold over time, as warm, sweet overtones gradually emerge.
- Body Wood: Hawaiian Koa. Few woods carry the allure of Hawaiian koa, with its gorgeous figure and sweet, complex tone.
- Electronics: Expression System 2. The Expression System® 2 captures more of a guitar’s dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
- Scale Length 24-1/8"
- Nut & Saddle Tusq Nut/Micarta Saddle
- Bracing C-Class
- Truss Rod Cover West African Crelicam Ebony
- Number of Frets 20
- Tuners Gotoh
- Case Aerocase
- Brand of Strings Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Binding/Edge Treatment Rock Maple
- Top Finish Gloss
- Back Config 4-piece Simmons wedge
- Rosette Size Single Ring
- Back/Side Finish Gloss
- Backstrap Wood None
- Rosette Material Rock Maple
- Wedge Same as Body
- Neck Width 1-23/32"
- Fretboard Inlay Spring Vine
- Type of Neck Joint Scarf
- Neck/Heel Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood West African Crelicam Ebony
- Neck Finish Satin
- Heel Length 3-1/4"
- Peghead Finish Gloss
- Peghead Type Standard T5z
- Headstock Overlay West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Inlay Spring Vine
- Peghead Logo Big Leaf Maple
- Bridge Pins West African Crelicam Ebony
- Buttons Gold
- Acoustic Steel String Guitar Bags and Cases*
- Guitar Strings - Acoustic Steel String Guitars
- Guitar Cleaning and Maintenance
- Guitar Tuners
- Guitar Stands and Wall Hangars
*Not all bags and cases fit all guitars. If you aren't sure, please check with us at the store. Admin@easymusiccenter.com or call 808-591-0999.
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets to manufacturer factory specifications. Any request made outside of manufacturer factory specifications can incur additional charges for parts and labor. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.