The OM-28 Modern Deluxe is a new take on Martin Vintage. This guitar is packed with custom features and modern technology that you have to see, feel, and hear for yourself. The vintage appointments include a Sitka spruce Vintage Tone System (VTS) top, a dovetail neck joint, and natural protein glue construction that gives it the rich, fully aged Martin tone that has inspired generations. The look is unlike anything in our production line to date with European flamed maple binding, stylish gold frets, gold open-gear tuners, and a unique 1930s style script logo inlaid in pearl on the headstock. Some ultra-modern features include a titanium truss rod, Liquidmetal® bridge pins with red dots, and a composite carbon fiber bridge plate that boosts volume without adding weight. And we've included a new neck shape that is slightly asymmetrical for maximum hand comfort up and down the fretboard. This guitar is anything but standard.
*Photos shown are of the actual guitar for sale - Serial #2302250
- BODY SIZE: 000-14 Fret
- FINISH TOP: Gloss
- CONSTRUCTION: Dovetail Neck Joint
- BACK AND SIDE FINISH: Gloss
- BRACING PATTERN: X-Brace
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- BRACE SHAPE: Scalloped
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4''
- TOP MATERIAL: Sitka Spruce with VTS
- NECK SHAPE: Vintage Deluxe
- BACK MATERIAL: East Indian Rosewood
- NECK TAPER: Standard Taper
- SIDE MATERIAL: East Indian Rosewood
- TOP COLOR: Clear
- BRIDGE STYLE: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- BINDING: European Flamed Maple
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2 1/4''
- TOP INLAY MATERIAL: Bold Herringbone
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Ebony
- TOP DETAIL: None
- BRIDGE PIN MATERIAL: Liquidmetal®
- PICKGUARD: Tortoise Pattern
- BRIDGE PIN DOTS: Red Acrylic
- PICKGUARD INLAY: None
- SADDLE: Compensated Bone
- ROSETTE: Style 28 Multi-Stripe
- SADDLE RADIUS: 16"
- BRACE MATERIAL: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- BACK AND SIDES COLOR: None
- BRACE SIZE: 1/4"
- BACK DETAIL: None
- BACK PURFLING/STRIP: Zig-Zag Authentic
- BACK INLAY MATERIAL: Multi-Stripe
- HEELCAP: European Flamed Maple
- SIDE DETAIL: None
- ENDPIECE: European Flamed Maple
- SIDE INLAY MATERIAL: None
- ENDPIECE INLAY: Multi-Stripe
- NECK MATERIAL: Genuine Mahogany
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Ebony
- FINISH NECK: Satin
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2 1/4''
- NECK COLOR: Dark Mahogany
- FINGERBOARD INLAY STYLE: Diamonds and Squares Long Pattern
- NUMBER OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD INLAY MATERIAL: Abalone
- NECK JOINS BODY AT: 14th Fret
- FINGERBOARD BINDING MATERIAL: None
- SIDE DOTS: Abalone
- HEADSTOCK SHAPE: Solid with Square Taper and Diamond
- TUNING MACHINES: Gold Open Gear
- HEADPLATE MATERIAL: East Indian Rosewood
- KNOB: Butterbean
- HEADPLATE LOGO STYLE: Stylized Script Inlay
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- HEADPLATE BINDING MATERIAL: None
- HEADPLATE DETAIL: None
- CASE: Ply Hardshell
- LEFT HANDED AVAILABILITY: true
- LABEL: None
- PLEKED: true
- Acoustic Steel String Guitar Bags and Cases*
- Guitar Strings - Acoustic Steel String Guitars
- Guitar Cleaning and Maintenance
- Guitar Tuners
- Guitar Stands and Wall Hangars
*Not all bags and cases fit all guitars. If you aren't sure, please check with us at the store. Admin@easymusiccenter.com or call 808-591-0999.
Here at Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12 point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.