Martin is proud to offer the D-35 David Gilmour Custom Signature Edition. This guitar is a nod to David’s treasured D-35, his main recording & writing companion for over four decades, but it’s also an instrument for him today, with a style and sound all its own. The David Gilmour signature models are the first D-35s ever made with neck, back and sides of sinker mahogany, chosen by David for its warm, rich tones and exquisitely beautiful grain.
We added an Adirondack spruce Vintage Tone System top for an old-world sound and matched that with antique white binding and vintage gloss finish, Waverly Relic Nickel tuners. A unique neck shape & fingerboard pattern were crafted to David’s specification for this guitar, while a special headstamp is featured on the reverse of the headstock. The signature models are limited to 250 pieces and every label is hand-signed by David himself, ensuring this guitar’s place on every collector’s wish list. Through this partnership, Martin Guitar is proud to support the David Gilmour Charitable Foundation.
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret
- FINISH TOP: Gloss
- BACK AND SIDE FINISH: Vintage Gloss
- BRACING PATTERN: Forward Shifted X Brace
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- BRACE SHAPE: Scalloped
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 11/16''
- TOP MATERIAL: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- NECK SHAPE: David Gilmour Shape
- BACK MATERIAL: Sinker Mahogany
- NECK TAPER: Standard Taper
- SIDE MATERIAL: Sinker Mahogany
- RECOMMENDED STRINGS: Authentic Acoustic SP Light - 92/8 Phosphor Bronze MA540T
- TOP COLOR: Antique Toner
- BRIDGE STYLE: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- BINDING: Antique White
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2 1/8''
- TOP INLAY MATERIAL: Bold Herringbone
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Ebony
- TOP DETAIL: None
- BRIDGE PIN MATERIAL: Black Plastic
- PICKGUARD: Tortoise Pattern
- BRIDGE PIN DOTS: None
- PICKGUARD INLAY: None
- SADDLE: Compensated Bone
- ROSETTE: Style 28 Multi-Stripe
- SADDLE RADIUS: 16"
- BRACE MATERIAL: Adirondack Spruce
- BACK AND SIDES COLOR: Dark Mahogany
- BRACE SIZE: 1/4"
- BACK DETAIL: 3 Piece
- BACK PURFLING/STRIP: Zig-Zag
- BACK INLAY MATERIAL: None
- HEELCAP: Antique White
- SIDE DETAIL: None
- SIDE INLAY MATERIAL: None
- ENDPIECE INLAY: Antique White
- NECK MATERIAL: Sinker Mahogany
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Ebony
- FINISH NECK: Vintage Gloss
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2 1/8''
- NECK COLOR: Dark Mahogany
- FINGERBOARD INLAY STYLE: David Gilmour Dot Pattern
- NUMBER OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD INLAY MATERIAL: Abalone
- NECK JOINS BODY AT: 14th Fret
- FINGERBOARD BINDING MATERIAL: None
- SIDE DOTS: Yellow
- HEADSTOCK SHAPE: Solid with Square Taper and Diamond
- TUNING MACHINES: Golden Age Relic Nickel
- HEADPLATE MATERIAL: Madagascar Rosewood
- KNOB: Butter Bean
- HEADPLATE LOGO STYLE: Script Old Style Overlay
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- HEADPLATE BINDING MATERIAL: None
- CASE: Molded Hardshell
- LEFT HANDED AVAILABILITY: true
- LABEL: Paper Label
- PLEKED: true
- Acoustic Steel String Guitar Bags and Cases*
- Guitar Strings - Acoustic Steel String Guitars
- Guitar Cleaning and Maintenance
- Guitar Tuners
- Guitar Stands and Wall Hangars
*Not all bags and cases fit all guitars. If you aren't sure, please check with us at the store. Admin@easymusiccenter.com or call 808-591-0999.
Here at Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12 point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.