Gibson Custom Shop is the pinnacle of craftsmanship, quality, and sound excellence. Each instrument celebrates Gibson's legacy through accuracy, authenticity and attention to detail.
The 1968 Les Paul Custom stood apart from its 1950s predecessors in a few significant ways. Instead of a solid mahogany body, it now had a solid maple top on a mahogany back - adding the clarity and bite that many rock guitarists sought. It also came standard with two humbuckers as opposed to three, providing additional picking clearance. And lastly it had a 14-degree peghead angle for reduced string tension. This set of features instantly became the new standard for the Les Paul Custom model, which has been produced continuously by Gibson ever since. This 1968 Les Paul Custom Reissue was designed to be the final say in historical accuracy, tone and feel. Every detail and spec was meticulously revived by the skilled artisans at Gibson Custom Shop to provide an amazing, life-long vintage ownership experience.
- Body Shape: Les Paul
- Top: 2-Piece Plain Maple
- Back: 1-Piece Mahogany
- Binding: Multi-ply
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Gloss
- Material: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: Authentic '68 Medium C-Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- End of Board Width: 2.24"
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Block
- Joint: Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Finish: Gold
- Tuner Plating: Gold
- Bridge: ABR-1 (Wired)
- Tailpiece: Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines: Kluson Waffleback
- Pickguard: Black Multi-Ply
- TrussRod: 2-way Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: Authentic 2-Ply Les Paul Custom
- Switch Tip: Cream
- Switchwasher: Black
- Jack Plate Cover: Black Multi-Ply
- Control Covers: Black
- Strap Buttons: Brass
- Mounting Rings: Black M69
- Pickup Covers: Authentic Profile Gold-plated Nickel Silver
- Neck Pickup: 68 Custom Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: 68 Custom Humbucker
- Controls: 2 500K CTS Volume Pots, 2 500K CTS Tone Pots, Hand-Wired Harness with Black Beauty Capacitors: Pickup Selector
- 3-Way Switchcraft: Output Jack
- Strings: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case: Custom Shop Hardshell
- Accessories: Gibson Custom Switchplate Medallion (w/ Historic Black Plastic Cover in Case), Certificate of Authenticity Booklet, Historic Reissue Hang Tags
Here at Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12 point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.