Everybody wants some! I want some too! Everybody wants some! How 'bout you?
Once Eddie Van Halen and crew pulled their act together and a new contract with Fender was signed, Fender became a reliable and productive ally for Eddie Van Halen. Historically Eddie had fallouts with each company that he had been with after a period of generally five to ten years. Since being with Fender, Eddie has not wavered in his faith with that company for the service that has been provided to him.
- Photos shown are of the actual sealed, never opened box.
- Photos of the guitar are our own photos from another Frankenstein Replica we had. Yes, we had more than 1.
- We are an authorized Fender dealer. This guitar comes with a full manufactures warranty.
- Upon purchasing, we will open the box for inspection before shipping. We will document and video the process.
Fender granted Eddie Van Halen his right to market their products under his outlet called EVH Gear. The first fruit of this collaboration came in 2006, when Fender began a limited edition run of custom made Frankenstrats with specifications to be the exact same as the final incarnation of the original Frankenstrat that he had built and modified over a time frame of many years. This is truly a collector’s piece, provided that you are able to afford it.
The principle man to deal with EVH on his gear needs was a younger but clever man named Chip Ellis. Chip is the main guy that Eddie deals with for his gear via Fender.
The idea that the Frankenstrat could be replicated entirely and made in a limited edition run of 500 guitars was conceived and has been on the market since 2006. It is virtually the same guitar as the original Frankenstrat in every detail: from the striped paintwork and a custom-wound Seymour Duncan humbucker in the bridge position to the more intricate elements of the guitar, such as the cigarette burns and the 1971 quarter near the Floyd Rose tremolo system. It also comes with some wonderful accessories, a hard case and booklet and a certificate of authenticity.
- Model: EVH Frankenstein Replica
- Builder: EVH by Fender
- Year: 2007
- Body: Type Solid
- Body: Wood Ash
- Finish Type: Striped Paint
- Finish Color: Black, White, and Red
- Aging: Replica Relic Job
- Back Finish: Reflectors on Back
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Neck Carve: Eddie
- Scale Length: 25.5
- Neck Radius: 12"-16"
- Frets: 21 Jumbo
- Nut Material: Floyd Rose
- Neck Finish: No Finish
- Inlays: Black
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Custom Shop
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan Custom Shop
- Pickguard: What's left of a Black 3-ply Pickguard
- Hardware: Nickel and Nasty
- Bridge: Floyd Rose with 1971 Quarter as Stop
- Tuners: Schaller Tuning Machines
- Controls: One Volume (labeled tone)
- Extras: Screw-Eye Strap Hooks
- Case: EVH Road Case
- Weight: 7.35
- Serial: XN49801