*Photos shown are of the actual guitar for sale. Serial# 1105219076
Part of Taylor’s inaugural class of Grand Pacific guitars, the Builder’s Edition 717e builds on a long tradition of rosewood/spruce dreadnoughts but breaks new ground with an entirely new Taylor sound. The round-shoulder dreadnought shape, featuring Taylor’s award-winning V-Class bracing, produces warm, seasoned acoustic tone in which individual notes overlap and blend smoothly together, while the low-end power common among dreadnoughts boasts greater clarity here.
V-Class brings extra punch and sustain, along with improved intonation and musicality across the entire frequency spectrum. Together with rosewood’s harmonic complexity and the played-in sound of the torrefied spruce top, players can expect rich, luxurious tonal character from top to bottom. It’s a voice comfortably rooted in a traditional sound, yet updated to offer a more expressive musical range.
As a Builder’s Edition model, the 717e also sports an array of premium, player-friendly features: chamfered body edges, rolled fretboard edges, and a new compound-carve neck profile, whose contours match the natural adjustments in the player’s hand position when moving up and down the fretboard. Even the bridge design was refined to add a more ergonomic feel for the player’s picking hand. Taylor’s noise-reducing Silent Satin finish displays the muted sheen of an older guitar, while elegantly understated appointments include mother-of-pearl Arrowhead fretboard and peghead inlays, with Sapele binding. This edition also features our stage-ready ES2 electronics.
- Scale Length - 25-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle - Black Graphite, Micarta saddle
- Bracing - V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover - West African Crelicam Ebony
- Pickguard - None
- Number of Frets - 20
- Tuners - Taylor Nickel
- Case - Taylor Deluxe Hardshell-Western Floral
- Brand of Strings - Elixir Phosphor Bronze Medium
- Body Length - 20”
- Body Width - 16”
- Body Depth - 4 5/8"
- Binding/Edge Treatment - Sapele
- Top Finish - Silent Satin
- Back Config - 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish - None
- Rosette Size - Single Ring
- Bridge Inlay - None
- Back/Side Finish - Silent Satin
- Armrest Binding - None
- Backstrap Wood - None
- Rosette Mat. - Black Sapele/Maple
- Stain/Sunburst - None
- Wedge - None
- Armrest - No
- Neck Width - 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay - Arrowheads, Mother of Pearl
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment - West African Crelicam Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding - West African Crelicam Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint - Scarf
- Neck/Heel - Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood - West African Crelicam Ebony
- Neck Finish - Satin
- Heel Length - 3-1/2"
- Peghead Finish - Satin
- Peghead Binding - None
- Peghead Type - Standard
- Peghead Purfling - None
- Headstock Overlay - West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Inlay - Arrowheads, Mother of Pearl
- Peghead Logo - Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pins - West African Crelicam Ebony
- Buttons - Nickel
- Fingerboard Ext - None
- Edge Trim - None
*Models are subject to change without notice
- Acoustic Steel String Guitar Bags and Cases*
- Guitar Strings - Acoustic Steel String Guitars
- Guitar Cleaning and Maintenance
- Guitar Tuners
- Guitar Stands and Wall Hangars
*Not all bags and cases fit all guitars. If you aren't sure, please check with us at the store. Admin@easymusiccenter.com or call 808-591-0999.