Fender's ASUKA Telecaster project started in 2013. To commemorate the release of "Shin Evangelion Theatrical Version", this Made in Japan model will be in limited production within 2020.
The body color is based on a gradation of red based on Asuka's suit, black parallel lines are given to the body back, and the pickguard is designed with the image of a plug suit of red, green, and black colors.
The Synthetic Red Bone nut is based on the image of the interface that is attached to Asuka's head, and the 12th fretboard of this model is equipped with the inlay of Unit 2 so that you can feel the world of Asuka at various places.
The pickup uses an aluminum tone with a mechanical look. The aluminum tone pickup does not easily crush the bass even if it is deeply distorted, and features a clear sound with low noise. It is also favored by performers who like heavy sounds.
The parts are unified with a solid matte black, and the neck plate features a special specification NERV logo and a product number. A hard case sticker is also included in the included ABS MOLDED CASE, which has a sturdy exterior and is suitable for transportation.
MFG SKU: 5600200899
- Model Name: Made in Japan, 2020 Evangelion Asuka Telecaster®, Rosewood Fingerboard, Asuka Red
- Model: #5600200899
- Series: Brand Collaboration
- Country Of Origin: JP
- Color: Asuka Red
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: "U" Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Synthetic Red Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: None
- Bridge Pickup: Alumitone Humbucker
- Neck Pickup: Alumitone Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade:
- Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups
- Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle String-Through-Body Hardtail With Block Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Satin Black
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Cast/Sealed Locking
- Pickguard: 1-ply Asuka Original
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Dimensions: 4.40x17.60x43.00 IN
Here at Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12 point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.