Astra Modulation Machine
Universal Audio makes some of the best studio outboard equipment and digital processing around—and now, the company extends their tech to stompboxes with the UAFX Astra, a modulation pedal for electric guitars, basses, and similarly amplified instruments. Sporting a stereo I/O path, the pedal the combines UA digital knowhow with the analog craftsmanship to deliver guitar players three stellar-sounding modulation effects.
Classic chorusing, flanging, vibrato, and tremolo effects are all accessible in the pedal itself. Other effects can be downloaded from Universal Audio and loaded into the pedal over USB. In addition to silent switching and true/buffered bypass selection, the pedal offers a bevy of control as well as instant save/recall of your favorite sounds as presets.
- Powerful UAFX engine delivers the most sonically authentic classic reverb, delay, and modulation effects ever produced by a pedal
- Simple Live/Preset modes with silent switching, true/buffered bypass, and spillover/trails*
- Additional downloadable guitar effects from the world-renowned UAD algorithm team
- Timeless UA analog design and beautiful, robust craftsmanship — built to last decades
- Impeccably modeled classic 1970s Japanese bucket-brigade chorus/vibrato effects
- Authentic studio flanger/doubler effects from vintage analog rack unit
- Classic, inspiring tube amp tremolo with sine and square modes
- A painter of sonic alchemy.
- A conductor for your interstellar ensemble.
- Astra reveals a universe resplendent with color.
3 Timeless Modulation Effects
The pedal offers three classic modulations effects, including:
- Chorus Brigade: A classic '70s analog bucket-brigade chorus with additional Vibrato mode.
- Flanger/DBLR: A studio flanger/doubler with tones modeling legendary rack effect units.
- Trem 65: An opto-tube tremolo derived from iconic blackface amps of the mid-1960s.
In addition to these three effects, you'll have access to more from the Universal Audio website, including the Phaser X90 and the Dharma Trem 61.
- 2 x 1/4" TS Instrument Inputs
- 2 x 1/4" TS Instrument Outputs
- USB Type-C for Computer Updates
- Speed Knob
- Depth Knob
- Intensity Knob
- Shade Knob
- Shape Knob
- Mode Knob
- Mode Switch
- Store Switch
- A/B Switch
- On Footswitch
- Preset Footswitch
- Power Requirements Isolated 9 VDC, Center-Negative, 400 mA Minimum (Power Supply Available Separately)