- Pedal Accessories
The new PitchblackX series of pedal tuners are designed with musicians' needs in mind. Larger and brighter displays are designed with double the meter LEDs for improved visibility and more accurate tuning, while the new Ultra Buffer maintains guitar signal strength over long cable runs or as part of a large pedalboard.
- Large, high-visibility display with two brightness modes
- Switch between new Ultra Buffer or true bypass
- Ultra-high tuning accuracy down to ±0.1 cents
- Triangle LEDs flash when pitch is accurate for faster tuning
- Four tuning display modes –regular, strobe, half-strobe, and mirror
- Runs on standard 9V power supply
Switch between true bypass or the newly-developed ULTRA BUFFER.
The Pitchblack X not only features a true bypass for outputting the sound exactly as it was input, but now includes a built-in ULTRA BUFFER Why is this important? The majority of electric guitars use passive pickups with a high impedance output. When you are using a cable there is a loss of tone, usually high frequencies, after about 6 m (around 18 feet) and this problem gets worse the longer your cable. A buffer boosts the signal over long cables to avoid loss of tone, keeping it clean and clear - even when your pedal is off.
The ULTRA BUFFER enhances the sound quality in bypass mode, so that you can still maintain audio quality even when using a long cable to connect to the tuner, or when inserting the tuner into a complex effects board. On the Pitchblack X, you can switch between true bypass and the ULTRA BUFFER, according to your tastes and performance environment.
Meter LED also offers bright mode settings for high visibility.
Besides the enlarged display, more meter LEDs have been added for superior visibility. The bright mode (brightness) can be set at one of two levels, so that you can be sure to see the tuner display even better in situations where visibility is difficult, such as brightly lit stages and bright outdoor environments.
Ultra-high tuning accuracy down to ±0.1 cents.
The Pitchblack X offers highly precise and accurate tuning within a precision of ±0.1 cents when in Strobe mode,making it ideal for situations where the tuning must be absolutely right whether performing or recording.
Four meter display modes.
Aside from the typical “Regular” mode, you can use “Strobe” and “Half Strobe” mode to indicate changes in pitch by the direction and speed that the meter is flowing in to distinguish even the finest differences in pitch; and you can use “Mirror” mode to see two LEDs on the left and right crossing together towards the center as you tune your instrument.
Features a built-in “just-right tuning” display.
The Pitchblack X features a new “just-right tuning” display function, which makes the triangular LEDs on both sides blink when the tuning is correct, helping tuning be a stress-free experience.
Sturdy housing; also works on battery power
The Pitchblack X is housed in a robust aluminum case with a strong scratch-resistant coating. It works on 9 V batteries, which is perfect for players who don’t carry around an effects board, and there is an optional AC adaptor if required.
- Scale 12 Note Equal Temperament
- Detection Range E0 (20.60 Hz) to C8 (4.186 kHz)
- Calibration Range 436 to 455 Hz (1 Hz Steps)
- Detection Accuracy Within ±0.1 Cents
- Input Impedance 1 Megohm (When Tuner is On)
- Display Modes Regular/Meter, Full Strobe, Half Strobe, Mirror
- Controls 1 x On/Off Footswitch
- 1 x Calibration Button
- 1 x Display Brightness Button
- I/O 1 x 1/4" Hi-Z Input
- 1 x 1/4" Hi-Z Output (Bypass)
- True Bypass Yes
- Construction Material Diecast Aluminum
- Power Connections 1 x 9 VDC Input
- Power Supply 9 VDC via AC Power Adapter (Sold Separately)
- 600 mA or Greater
- Power Consumption 40 mA (Max)
- Dimensions (WxHxD) 2.8 x 3.2 x 1.9" / 70 x 80 x 47 mm
- Weight 6.98 oz / 198 g