- Inspection and Set-up
- Humidity Care
*These are stock photos.
The Protégé by Córdoba C1M 3/4 is the perfect nylon string guitar for students of all levels, and is perfectly at home in the classroom or at home. Comfortable and easy to play, it's a great first guitar at an affordable price. Every Protégé C1M is built with a spruce top, mahogany back and sides, a comfortable, slim neck profile, traditional mosaic rosette, and a matte polyurethane finish. Like all Córdoba instruments, C1M models feature premium Savarez strings and an adjustable truss rod for lifetime neck stability.
- Family: Traditional
- Style: Small Body
- Construction: Layered
- Family Traditional
- Build Small Body
- Construction Layered
- Body Top Spruce
- Top Bracing Pattern Fan
- Soundhole Diameter 84mm (3 1/3")
- Rosette Traditional
- Top Binding Black ABS
- Side Purfling Inlay N / A
- Back and Sides Wood Mahogany
- Back Purfling Inlay N / A
- Neck Material Mahogany
- Scale Length 615mm (24.2")
- Neck Shape C Shape
- Nut Width 48mm (1 7/8")
- Neck Thickness 1st Fret 21mm
- Neck Thickness 9th Fret 23mm
- Truss Rod Dual Action
- Truss Rod Wrench 4mm Allen Key
- Fingerboard Material Composite or Pau Ferro (Dependent on Production Date)
- Fingerboard Inlays N / A
- Frets Total 19
- Color Natural (NAT)
- Finish Satin Polyurethane
- Bridge Material Composite or Pau Ferro (Dependent on Production Date)
- Saddle Material Composite
- Nut Material Composite
- Tuning Machines Cordoba Gold with Pearl Buttons
- Tap Plate N / A
- Electronics N / A
- Strings Savarez Cristal Corum High Tension 500CJ
- Upper Bout Width 260mm (10 1/4")
- Lower Bout Width 340mm (13 3/8")
- Body Depth Upper Bout 80mm (3 1/8")
- Body Depth Lower Bout 85mm (3 1/3")
- Body Length 457mm (18")
- Overall Length 953mm (37 1/2")
- Country of Origin China
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets to manufacturer factory specifications. Any request made outside of manufacturer factory specifications can incur additional charges for parts and labor. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.
Acoustic guitars and ukulele are made of wood, and wood is sensitive to changes in climate. Shifts in temperature or relative humidity can affect your instrument in multiple ways, some of which can lead to costly repairs if you’re not careful. Solid woods in particular are especially prone to the effects of climate fluctuation. For example, extended exposure to low relative humidity (below 40% RH) can dry out the wood, causing it to shrink and run the risk of cracking. Similarly, excessive humidity can cause the wood to absorb moisture and swell, potentially causing other problems. Without adequate humidity control (especially in drier local climates), acoustic instruments can crack and their necks can warp, causing problems with fretting, intonation and playability.
So how do you prevent this kind of damage? Easy: by keeping your guitars and ukulele properly humidified (ideally between 40-60% RH). The easiest way to do this is by storing your instruments in a case with a case two-way humidifier inside. A two-way humidifier will slowly absorb or release moisture inside your case, maintaining humidity to help ensure your instrument doesn’t suffer damage. Using a digital hygrometer can help you monitor humidity levels around your instrument.
Symptoms of a dry acoustic instrument:
- Low action. Strings are very close to the fretboard.
- Hump on the fretboard where the neck joins the body.
- Sunken top across the soundboard between bridge and fingerboard.
- The back of instrument looks very flat when it is dried out.
- Sharp fret ends extend beyond the edge of the fretboard.
- The plane of the neck angle on a dry instrument hits above the top of the bridge.
Symptoms of a wet acoustic instrument:
- High action. Strings that are unusually high off the fretboard, making it difficult to play.
- Unusually swollen top
- Unusual warp on the top, back or both at the end-block
- Improper neck angle. Sighting the neck to the bridge, the frets will appear to hit below the bridge.
The D’Addario Two-Way Humidification System
Using patented technology, the D’Addario Two-Way Humidification System features disposable, moisture-filled packets with a breathable membrane that provides two-way humidity control, meaning it can either release or absorb moisture to consistently maintain a predetermined relative humidity (RH) level of 45-50 percent.
Music Nomad Humilele Ukulele Humidifier
Music Nomad the leader in equipment care products, has developed an easy to use, no mess, and low maintenance Ukulele humidifier. The Humilele rests securely on top of the strings to safely and evenly hydrate your Ukulele to avoid these problems.
Final Notes on Humidity Control
To monitor the amount of humidity your instrument is receiving, we recommend the purchase of a digital hygrometer, a device that gauges and provides a read-out of humidity levels. It can be kept in the room where you store your instruments, or, better yet, in a central location inside the instrument case, preferably Velcro’d to the outside of the accessories compartment (facing the heel). The optimal range for your guitars and ukulele is 45-55% RH.