Building on the success of our K Series, the KW Series represents the next evolutionary step in wood enclosure loudspeakers. Our system engineers have created the KW Series to feature all the groundbreaking electronic attributes of our popular K Series while at the same time designing a product that is both smaller and significantly lighter than previous wood enclosure models.
*Note: This product is for local pickup only. We will not ship this sub.
Like K Series, each of the four KW Series models features a QSC designed, 1000 watt (2 x 500 W continuous) Class D power module. And continuing in the K Series tradition, every model is fitted with the identical high-output 1.75-inch HF device (full-range models) and woofers of the same high quality design, regardless of speaker size.
Defined Coverage Area
Directivity Matched Transition (DMT™) provides for matched LF and HF coverage across the entire listening area, eliminating unnatural "dead" or "hot" frequency zones.
- Extensive signal processing is employed throughout, providing levels of sonic clarity and total output that defy all expectations for a product in this category:
- Intrinsic Correction™, first featured in our high-end line array products maps 65-75 spatially-averaged measurements to IIR and FIR filters that actively adjust time, frequency and amplitude response to a maximally flat bandpass target. The result is a speaker that behaves equally well across the entire sound field.
- DEEP™ and excursion limiting allow for extended low-frequency response by actively managing low-frequency transients without degradation of the underlying signal or adjacent frequencies.
- GuardRail™ protection, first introduced on our GX Series amplifiers protects both the amplifier module and your performance from unnatural and destructive clipping.
KW Series features a four-position mic / line gain switch that allows for connection of a wide variety of devices. Combo XLR and 1/4-inch TRS inputs accept both mic and line level input while a set of RCA phono inputs (except KW181) allow additional connectivity to portable MP3 players, CD players and line-level mixers. Up to three audio sources can be mixed internally and summed to a balanced output for "daisy-chaining" of multiple units. Separate direct outputs are also provided on each channel for additional output flexibility.
On-board switches provide preset EQ settings. The HF setting (full-range models) can be set to VOCAL BOOST for additional presence in the critical mid-frequency area or FLAT for accurate reproduction of the incoming signal. The LF switch can be set to NORM, DEEP™ for additional bass extension, or EXT SUB (full-range models) for use with an external subwoofer. The rear panel LED switch can be set to POWER, illuminating the front-mounted LED when the unit is powered on, OFF for applications where it is not desirable to illuminate the front LED, or LIMIT which indicates to the system operator that the clip limiter circuit has been engaged during operation.
The KW122 and KW152 feature a unique Tilt-Direct™ pole cup mounting system. A simple turn of the dial engages a 7.5 degree downward tilt of the speaker allowing acoustic energy to be kept on the audience and off reflective surfaces for applications where maximum coverage from a high-positioned speaker is desired.
Remote gain control capability is offered via a potentiometer (not included) connected to the on-board Phoenix-Style connector. In an installed application, multiple KW Series speakers can be "daisy-chained" for total gain control from a single remote pot. Auto-standby mode is engaged after 5 minutes of inactivity.
- Configuration 18-inch subwoofer
- Transducer 18-inch cone transducer
- Frequency Response (-6 dB) 40 Hz to 112 Hz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB) 37 Hz to 129 Hz
- Maximum SPL1 135 dB peak
- Power Output2 1000 W Class D continuous
- 2000 W peak
- Input Impedance XLR / ¼⁻ᶦⁿᶜʰ: 38 kΩ balanced / 19 kΩ unbalanced
- Controls Power, Gain, LF Mode (Normal/DEEP™), Polarity (Normal/Reverse), Front LED (On/Off/Limit)
- Indicators Power, Signal, Standby, Limit
- Connectors Dual balanced female XLR/¼⁻ᶦⁿᶜʰ line level input, Dual Balanced male XLR full range line level out, Remote gain control, Locking IEC power connector
- Cooling On demand, 50 mm variable speed fan
- Amplifier Protection Thermal limiting, output overcurrent, overtemperature muting, GuardRail™
- Transducer Protection Thermal limiting, excursion limiting
- AC Power Input Universal power supply 100–240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz
- AC Power Consumption
- (1/8 Power) 100 VAC, 2.3 A
- 120 VAC, 2.01 A
- 230 VAC, 1.13 A
- Material 15 mm painted birch plywood
- Finish Black textured paint
- Grille Rugged Powder-Coated Steel Grille
- Dimensions (HWD) inches 20.3 x 23.4 x 29.9 with casters
- Dimensions (HWD) mm 516 × 595 × 760 with casters
- Net Weight 93.6 lb / 42.5 kg
- Available Accessories KW181 cover