- Electric Guitar Accessories
- Inspection and Set-up
*These are stock photos. For actual photos of the instrument, please contact us.
Nile Rodgers has written, produced, and performed on recordings that have sold more than 500-million albums globally. Every hit record he's produced has shared one essential element: the used 1960 Fender hardtail Stratocaster® Nile bought in a Miami music shop. Rarely is a single guitar so inseparably identified with its owner as The Hitmaker.
The Hitmaker features a 1960 alder body that is uniquely smaller and more contoured than a typical vintage Strat. The beautiful Olympic White lacquer matches the finish Nile sprayed on the guitar himself just after he acquired it in the early days of Chic. The custom '59-profile one-piece maple neck has a 9.5— radius fingerboard, medium jumbo frets and a satin finish. A “Nile Rodgers & Chic— logo adorns the back of the headstock and a custom Hitmaker logo is stamped into the neck plate.
The Nile Rodgers Hitmaker single-coil Strat pickups are voiced to accurately replicate the quack, chime and bell-like clarity of the original Hitmaker. Other features include a hard-tail string-through bridge with period-correct bent-steel saddles, an eye-catching mirrored chrome-plated brass pickguard, locking Sperzel® tuners and a set of white speed knobs. The guitar also comes with a vintage-style case with Hitmaker-embroidered interior and a custom certificate of authenticity.
- CASE/GIG BAG: Deluxe Limited-Edition Hardshell with Embroidered Hitmaker Logo
- Series Artist Signature
- Orientation Right-Hand
- Color Olympic White
- Country Of Origin US
- Headstock Stratocaster®
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish with Gloss Headstock Face
- Neck Shape 1959 "C"
- Neck Construction 4-Bolt Standard
- Fingerboard Radius 9.5" (241 mm)
- Fingerboard Material Maple
- Position Inlays Black Dot
- Side Dots Black
- Number of Frets 21
- Truss Rod Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- String Nut Bone
- Nut Width 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Nut Material Bone
- Body Alder
- Body Finish Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape Stratocaster®
- Body Material Alder
- Bridge 6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Strat® Hardtail with Bent Steel Saddles
- Pickguard 11-hole Chrome Plated Brass
- Pickup Covers White
- Control Knobs White Speed
- Switch Tip White
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines Sperzel® Locking
- String Trees Dual-Wing with Metal Spacers
- Strings Fender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403
- Neck Plate 4-Bolt Serialized with Custom Hitmaker Logo
- Strap Buttons Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup Hitmaker Nile Rogers Strat®
- Middle Pickup Hitmaker Nile Rogers RWRP Strat®
- Neck Pickup Hitmaker Nile Rogers Strat®
- Pickup Configuration SSS
- Controls Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge/Middle Pickup)
- Switching 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Potentiometers CTS 250K
- Style 3 Single-Coil
- Accessories Included Accessories Deluxe Hardshell Case and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Dimensions 6.20x17.20x43.50 IN
- Shipping Weight 20.30 LB
- Fret Size Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
- Shipping Length 43.50 IN
- Shipping Height 6.20 IN
- Shipping Width 17.20 IN
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets to manufacturer factory specifications. Any request made outside of manufacturer factory specifications can incur additional charges for parts and labor. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.