A new, larger screen shows the tuner and metronome functions simultaneously
The TM-60 — a must-have item for practicing.
The best-selling KORG TM series, which lets you use a tuner and metronome simultaneously, has been revamped. The TM-60 is the newest model and features a larger display that can show the tuner and metronome simultaneously. The battery life has also been dramatically improved. With the all-new TM-60, you’ll be able to enjoy pitch training and rhythm training without having to switch functions or be concerned with battery life.
The TM-60, the tuner/metronome that’s even more convenient and easier to use.
Tuning and rhythm training are indispensable for brass band or orchestral practice. In addition to letting you use the tuner and metronome simultaneously, the TM-60 features a display that’s approximately 1.3 times larger than the previous model.
Tuner section quickly and accurately detects the pitch of wind and string instruments
Needle-type meter with excellent response
KORG’s proprietary technology accurately detects the pitch without any time lag. The pitch drift that is prone to occur during long tones played on a wind instrument can be detected before it happens, letting you train yourself to produce unwavering tone with stable pitch.
A wide detection range of C1–C8 supports a variety of instruments
The TM-60 can detect note names and pitches for a variety of orchestral and other instruments. The range from C1 (32.70 Hz) to C8 (4186.01 Hz) can easily be detected. Even acoustic instruments that are difficult to detect because their sound contains a significant amount of low-frequency energy or a large number of partials, such as guitar and ukulele, can be tuned easily and accurately.
Marks that indicate pure major and minor third intervals
In an ensemble such as a brass band or orchestra, harmonies of third intervals are easily perceived as out of tune, and can be made to sound better by slightly adjusting the pitch to a pure major or minor third.
Sound Out mode generates a reference tone
In addition to a meter for visual tuning, the TM-60 provides a "sound out" mode that lets you tune using your ear while listening to a reference tone from the internal speaker or a set of connected headphones.
- Equipped with high-precision tuner function and metronome function. The two functions can be used simultaneously.
- The display is approximately 1.3 times the size of the previous model (TM-50), allowing the tuner and metronome to be shown simultaneously.
- Backlit LCD ensures excellent visibility even in dark locations.
- LCD needle-type meter detects the pitch instantly, providing the excellent response that you expect from KORG.
- A wide detection range of C1–C8 supports a broad range of instruments.
- Calibration is adjustable to match various concert pitches.
- Marks are provided to indicate pure major and minor third intervals.
- Sound Out mode and Sound Back mode are great ways to train your ear.
- Metronome features a wide tempo range from 30 to 252 beats/minute. Choose from three types of tempo settings and 15 rhythm variations.
- Long-life design with approximately double the battery life. (Compared to the KORG TM-50, in tuner mode with backlight off)
- Convenient memory backup function and auto power-off function.
- Further improvements in ease of use, including a newly designed stand and battery compartment cover.
- Available in black or white, two simple and timeless colors.
- Separately sold CM-200 contact mic allows even higher tuning precision. The lineup also includes the TM-60C which is packaged with a CM-200 in a color that matches the body of the tuner/metronome unit.
- Tuner Section
- Scale 12-note equal temperament
- Detection Range C1 (32.70 Hz)–C8 (4186.01 Hz) with sine wave input
- Reference Tone Generation C3 (130.81 Hz)–C6 (1046.50 Hz) three-octave range
- Tuning Modes meter mode, sound out mode, sound back mode
- Calibration Range A4=410–480 Hz (1 Hz units)
- Detection Accuracy better than +/-1 cent
- Sound Accuracy better than +/-1 cent
- Metronome Section
- Tempo Range Quarter note=30–252 times/minute
- Tempo Setting Method pendulum step, full step, tap tempo
- Time Signature Range 15 types (0–9 beats, duplets, triplets, triplets with center note omitted, quadruplets, quadruplets with center notes omitted)
- Tempo Precision +/-0.3%
- Main Specifications
- Connectors INPUT jack (6.3 mm monaural phone jack, unbalanced), headphone jack (3.5 mm stereo mini-phone jack)
- Speaker Dynamic speaker (φ23mm)
- Power Supply Two AAA batteries (3V)
- Battery Life
- Tuner: Approximately 130/55/36 hours (backlight: off/soft/auto, continuous A4 input, using zinc-carbon batteries)
- Metronome: Approximately 130/55/36 hours (backlight: off/soft/auto, tempo 120, 4 beats, maximum volume, using zinc-carbon batteries)
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 111 mm x 74 mm x 18 mm / 4.37" × 2.91" × 0.71"
- Weight 100 g / 3.53 oz. (including batteries)
- Color Variations Black (TM-60-BK), White (TM-60-WH)
- Included Items Two AAA batteries for verifying operation
- Accessories (separately sold) CM-300 contact mic