- Amp Accessories
THE NEW STANDARD IN ULTRA-COMPACT AMPS
A top-seller worldwide for nearly 10 years running, the MICRO CUBE is the most popular battery-powered amp of all time. The new MICRO CUBE GX retains the tiny size and huge sound of its legendary predecessor while adding many great additions and improvements, including i-CUBE LINK, increased output power, a chromatic tuner, and a MEMORY function for saving your favorite settings. The massive, high-gain EXTREME brings the total number of COSM amps to eight, while HEAVY OCTAVE has been added to the onboard effects section for thick, ultra-low tones. i-CUBE LINK opens many new opportunities for practice and recording, providing a built-in audio interface for working with music apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Huge Tone to Go
The MICRO CUBE GX features the same ultra-compact footprint, battery-powered operation, and big tone that made the original MICRO CUBE such a massive hit around the globe. With up to 25 hours of playing time using six NiMH AA-size batteries, you can enjoy uninterrupted fun while jamming at home, at the beach, on camping trips, at parties—wherever!
World-Class Amps and Effects
Filled with Roland’s renowned COSM amps, the MICRO CUBE GX provides tones for playing any musical style, from ultra-clean jazz to heavy rock and everything in between. The newly added EXTREME amp kicks things up a notch, giving you a massive voice for crushing, in-your-face metal riffs. There’s also a MIC setting for using the amp with a vocal microphone. Five different EFX types are available to sweeten your sound, with a new HEAVY OCTAVE effect that works great for adding unique, ultra-low power to distorted tones.
The new MEMORY function turns the MICRO CUBE GX into a dual-channel amp, greatly increasing its versatility. It couldn’t be simpler to use—just dial up the amp tone and effects you want, hold the MEMORY button for a few seconds, and your settings are saved!
i-CUBE LINK: Built-In Interface for iOS Devices
Onboard the MICRO CUBE GX is Roland’s innovative i-CUBE LINK interface, which lets you integrate with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using a real guitar amp with great tone. Unlike typical bulky and inconvenient iOS guitar interfaces, i-CUBE LINK connects to your device’s audio jack quickly and simply with the included cable, providing two-way communication with your favorite music apps. With i-CUBE LINK, you can play along with music tracks and send studio-quality COSM tones with effects straight into the recording app of your choice.
CUBE JAM App: Powerful, Fun, and Free!
Available for free from the App Store, the Roland CUBE JAM app turns your iOS device into a fun command center for jamming, recording, and learning. Play back commercial songs and minus-one tracks through the MICRO CUBE GX via i-CUBE LINK and riff along for hours with the amp’s great COSM tones. CUBE JAM also records audio through the i-CUBE LINK connection, letting you capture your jams with a single touch. After recording, you can adjust the volume of your guitar and backing music independently in the app, then export your mix to a 16-bit, 44.1 kHz WAV file.
- Ultra-compact guitar amp with custom-designed speaker
- Eight COSM amp tones, including the ultra-heavy EXTREME amp
- Eight DSP effects, including HEAVY OCTAVE and dedicated DELAY/REVERB with spring emulation
- MEMORY function for saving favorite amp and effects settings
- i-CUBE LINK jack provides simple audio interfacing with Apple’s iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch (interface cable included)
- Free CUBE JAM app for iOS plays songs and minus-one jam tracks, and lets you record the MICRO CUBE GX’s COSM amp tones along with music playback
- Chromatic tuner built in
- Runs on battery power or supplied AC adapter; carrying strap included
- Rated Power Output 3 W
- Nominal Input Level (1 kHz)
- INPUT: -10 dBu/1 M ohm
- i-CUBE LINK/AUX IN: -10 dBu
- Speaker 12 cm (5 inches) x 1
- POWER switch
- AMP TYPE switch (ACOUSTIC SIM, JC CLEAN, BLACK PANEL, BRIT COMBO, CLASSIC STACK, R-FIER STACK, EXTREME, MIC)
- MEMORY button
- TUNER button
- GAIN knob
- VOLUME knob
- TONE knob
- EFX knob (CHORUS, FLANGER, PHASER, TREMOLO, HEAVY OCTAVE)
- DELAY/REVERB knob (DELAY, REVERB, SPRING)
- MASTER knob
- INPUT jack (1/4-inch phone type)
- i-CUBE LINK/AUX IN jack (4-pole miniature phone type)
- REC OUT/PHONES jack (Stereo miniature phone type)
- DC IN jack
- Power Supply
- AC adaptor
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 6
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 6
- Current Draw 155 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use
- Alkaline battery: Approximately 20 hours
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery: Approximately 25 hours (When using batteries having a capacity of 2,400 mAh.)
- * This can vary depending on the capacity of the batteries and the conditions of use.
- Owner's Manual
- AC adaptor
- Mini cable (4-pole miniature phone type)
- SIZE AND WEIGHT
- 247 mm
- 9-3/4 inches
- 172 mm
- 6-13/16 inches
- 227 mm
- 8-15/16 inches
- 2.7 kg
- 5 lbs. 16 oz.