- Amp Accessories
The Katana-50 MkII EX expands on the capabilities of the popular Katana-50 MkII model, providing more performance versatility in the same portable design. GA-FC and GA-FC EX support allows you to select Tone Setting memories, turn effects on/off, and more with our dedicated foot controllers. There’s also a line output for sending mix-ready tone to a house PA, plus the ability to link a second Katana MkII amp with the Stereo Expand feature.
Katana MkII takes the acclaimed Katana guitar amp series to the next level, turbocharging the core platform with more sounds, more effects, and more features. Cover any style with five amp characters and five variations. Color your tones with a wide variety of customizable BOSS effects.
More Sounds, More Versatility
The stage-class Katana MkII lineup picks up where the first generation left off, building on the same core tones and features that have made the series a worldwide smash. If you loved the original Katana amps, you’ll love Katana MkII even more.
Five Amp Characters, Ten Overall Tones
Katana MkII’s five primary amp characters offer everything from organic vintage tones to modern high-gain sounds, plus a dedicated voice optimized for acoustic-electric guitar. Each character also includes a selectable variation, providing a broad palette of tone options to craft your personal sound.
Five Effects At Once
All Katana MkII models feature five simultaneous effects categories, putting the tone-shaping power of a massive pedalboard right inside your amp. Independent Booster, Mod, FX, Delay, and Reverb sections come loaded from the factory with three variations in each, providing 15 ready-to-play effects to choose from.
Stereo Made Easy
One Katana MkII sounds great—but playing two at once is even better. The Stereo Expand feature makes linking two amps simple, with just one regular cable needed. You can control everything from the main Katana MkII, with stereo-compatible effects like chorus, delay, reverb, and others distributed across both amps for a wide, immersive sound field. Stereo Expand is supported on all Katana MkII models except the Katana-50 MkII.
Ready-To-Mix Direct Tones
The Katana-50 MkII EX features line, USB, and phones/recording outputs with mic’d cabinet emulation, letting you send mix-ready amp tones to a PA system, computer DAW, or headphones. Two-channel USB operation is supported, allowing you to track in true stereo with many of Katana’s modulation, EQ, delay, and reverb effects.
Compact Gig Commander
The optional GA-FC and GA-FC EX foot controllers are the perfect partners for the Katana-50 MkII EX. They connect with a single cable, require no external power, and take up minimal space. With six footswitches, you can directly recall Tone Settings and independently turn the five effects sections on/off. They also support external footswitches and expression pedals, with customization via BOSS Tone Studio. The GA-FC offers standard control, while the expanded GA-FC EX provides the ability to control two amps together, connect another unit for additional foot control, and more.
- Stage-class 50-watt combo amp with GA-FC/GA-FC EX Foot Controller support, Stereo Expand, and line output with cabinet emulation
- Tube Logic design approach produces class-defying power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence
- BOSS Tone Studio software for customizing your sound with over 60 different BOSS effects, channel and global EQs, adjustable routing, and much more
- Power Amp In for preamps, modelers, and multi-effects
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and response at low volumes
- Stereo Expand out to link with a second Katana MkII
- Three Cab Resonance options (Vintage, Modern, and Deep) selectable in BOSS Tone Studio
- Line, USB, and phones/recording outputs with mic’d cabinet emulation and three Air Feel settings (configurable in BOSS Tone Studio)
- Optional GA-FC and GA-FC EX foot controllers provide complete amp control, including expanded Tone Setting selection, effects on/off, expression pedal control, and more
- Connections for up to two footswitches or an expression pedal
- Rated Power Output: 50 W
- Nominal Input Level:
- INPUT: -10 dBu (1 M ohm)
- AUX IN: -10 dBu (20 k ohms)
- Speaker: 30 cm (12 inches) x 1
- INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- POWER AMP IN jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- LINE OUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- REC OUT/PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- EXP PEDAL/CTL CH1/CH2 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- GA-FC/CTL SOLO jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- AUX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- USB port: USB B type
- AC IN jack
- Power Consumption: 47 W
- Owner's Manual
- Power cord
- GA-FC sticker
- Options (sold separately)
- Footswitch: FS-5L, FS-6, FS-7
- Expression pedal: Roland EV-5, BOSS EV-30, FV-500L, FV-500H
- Foot Controller: GA-FC, GA-FC EX
- Amplifier Stand: BAS-1
- Amplifier Cover: BAC-KTN50
- SIZE AND WEIGHT (INCLUDE HANDLE AND RUBBER FEETS)
- Width: 470 mm | 18-9/16 inches
- Depth: 238 mm | 9-3/8 inches
- Height: 398 mm | 15-11/16 inches
- Weight: 11.7 kg | 25 lbs 13 oz